News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Query Regarding Virtuemart's Functionality

Started by sherin, July 10, 2014, 18:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sherin

Hello,
        I'm planning to set up an ecommerce website which will sell various products from around 30-50 independent small scale Manufacturers. I'm planning to use virtuemart but I assume the below features i need on my website is not supported by Virtuemart.

1. Each manufacturer should have individual user accounts on the website and associated bank details
2. Ability to add products from frontend.
3. The website will charge a small fee from the manufacturers for the products put up on the website. This may either be a fee per each product added or a fixed fee per month depending on the type of contract with each of them. These payments should go to the website's bank account
4. When users shop for products, the payments made by users should go directly to the manufacturers bank accounts - I'm told that the ability to have multiple payment accounts is also not possible with Virtuemart

Would someone be able to suggest if they know of any extension or workaround which would help me achieve these in my website?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Sherin

AH

Find a contractor and a commercial product!
Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1

Milbo

Quote from: sherin on July 10, 2014, 18:25:54 PM
1. Each manufacturer should have individual user accounts on the website and associated bank details
Possible, you just need for any manufacturer a vendor, you can see an example here http://extensions.virtuemart.net/

2. Ability to add products from frontend.
Please read our news http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/460-updates-about-virtuemart-3-support-membership.

"Frontend Editing combined with the joomla ACL now allows your vendors to directly access the VirtueMart backend from the frontend, without having real access to the joomla backend. This feature is still under heavily development and we are still looking for funds to complete it. ..."

3. The website will charge a small fee from the manufacturers for the products put up on the website. This may either be a fee per each product added or a fixed fee per month depending on the type of contract with each of them. These payments should go to the website's bank account
The architecture is prepared for it, but it is not done yet.

4. When users shop for products, the payments made by users should go directly to the manufacturers bank accounts - I'm told that the ability to have multiple payment accounts is also not possible with Virtuemart 
ehrm you told you that? You can have different payments per vendor since vm2.0.0. You should read the news and download vm2.9.8 and play with it.

Would someone be able to suggest if they know of any extension or workaround which would help me achieve these in my website?

There is also an extension by nordmograph. We handle on our page more than 20 vendors and we just do the commission manually, not a big deal. the rest works almost the way you want it. But as mentioned above, we are still looking for funds.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member