News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Payment/Shipment Method selection

Started by hk, May 17, 2014, 08:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hk

Hi,

I have 2 Payment Methods - 1 for country India (PayA) and another for other countries (PayB)
and same way I have 2 Shipment Methods - 1 for country India (ShipA) and another for other countries (ShipB).

If the Bill To Address is for country India, the PayA and ShipA methods are selected.
However, if the user selects the Ship To address as something which is of country other than India, say UK. Both Payment Method and Shipment method selected are PayB and ShipB respectively.

In fact, the Payment method should have been based on Bill To address i.e. PayA and Shipment method based on Ship To address i.e. ShipB.

Can you advise where does the code is for selecting the payment/shipment methods.

Using VM 2.0.26d, tried in Vm 2.6 as well.

Anther issue:
Once user has different Bill To and Ship To address, when he decides to switch to same Bill/Ship To using Use for the shipto same as billto address checkbox, the Payment and Shipment methods are not refreshed. Not sure if this is a bug.

Thanks.

hk

Any help or suggestion on this will be highly appreciated.

GJC Web Design

QuoteCan you advise where does the code is for selecting the payment/shipment methods.

in each method  - function checkConditions()

normally something like

$countries = $method->countries;

$address = (($cart->ST == 0) ? $cart->BT : $cart->ST);

if (in_array ($address['virtuemart_country_id'], $countries) || count ($countries) == 0) {

//this is a valid method

QuoteOnce user has different Bill To and Ship To address, when he decides to switch to same Bill/Ship To using Use for the shipto same as billto address checkbox, the Payment and Shipment methods are not refreshed. Not sure if this is a bug.

not a bug - the chk box does nothing except hide the ship to by JS and set a flag

the logic should then be done in the ship/payment method when checking out although I notice a few ship plugins don't even test the $cart->STsameAsBT

I always use in my plugins

if($cart->STsameAsBT == 0){
$address = (($cart->ST == 0 ) ? $cart->BT : $cart->ST);
}else{
$address = $cart->BT;
}
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

hk

Thanks for the clue!

Quotein each method  - function checkConditions()

normally something like

$countries = $method->countries;

In the payment modules, I modified
to
$address = $cart->BT ;
so that always the Payment method is based on Bill To address.

Can we do this with Override files, so that when the VM versions are upgraded, we don't have to hack the core files again?

Quotenot a bug - the chk box does nothing except hide the ship to by JS and set a flag

the logic should then be done in the ship/payment method when checking out although I notice a few ship plugins don't even test the $cart->STsameAsBT

I always use in my plugins

Code:
   }else{
   $address = $cart->BT;
   }

I'm not using any 3rd party plugins, just using VM Shipment - weight_countries. Even in standard plugin I could not find the check for ST same as BT.
Can you give a hint where to add the below code:
}else{
$address = $cart->BT;
}

GJC Web Design

QuoteCan we do this with Override files, so that when the VM versions are upgraded, we don't have to hack the core files again?

what I would do is just clone the weight plugin  - call it something else so it installs as a different plug  - then won't get over written

QuoteI'm not using any 3rd party plugins, just using VM Shipment - weight_countries. Even in standard plugin I could not find the check for ST same as BT.

replace line 212

GJC Web Design
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component

hk

In plugins/vmshipment/weight_countries/weight_countries.php, I replaced line 212
with
   }else{
   $address = $cart->BT;
   }

But still, the Shipment Method is not changed/refreshed when the user selects "Use for the shipto same as billto address" checkbox.

GJC Web Design

and it never will!!!!

Quotenot a bug - the chk box does nothing except hide the ship to by JS and set a flag

the dirty work is done once you confirm
GJC Web Design