News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

can't make changes to virtuemart get errors

Started by jasonbondone, March 04, 2012, 03:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonbondone

I can not make any changes to virtuemart. I actually got it to upload an image to a product already up. But any time I try to change anything like products, product name, category i get an error message. here is ex of messages:
        vmError: VmTableData::store failed - Unknown column 'customtitle' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `wbx73_virtuemart_categories_en_gb` SET `category_name`='Store',`category_description`='',`metadesc`='',`metakey`='',`customtitle`='',`slug`='face' WHERE `virtuemart_category_id`='13'

-----------
vmError: VmTableData::store failed - Unknown column 'customtitle' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `wbx73_virtuemart_products_en_gb` SET `product_name`='Bliss',`product_s_desc`='The Youth As Directed Anti-Aging Eye Cream',`product_desc`='

Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.
',`metadesc`='',`metakey`='',`customtitle`='',`slug`='bliss' WHERE `virtuemart_product_id`='52'
----------

PRO

go to tools. and click the button "install or update tables if necessary".

osp

The same in 203 + J25
Alter table from VM didn't help.

The problem is that there is product desc varchar(19000) in localized table products_cs_cz for me (default czech lang).
So Row is too large.

Changing product_desc to 18000 and adding customtitle varchar(100) manually solved the problem for me.
No time to find a fix...

Milbo

oh thanks, ah the fix is just to set the value in the tableupdater to 18000, hmm I am wondering why it is too long for you, but not too long for me? Hmm I have in my code                

$fields['product_desc'] = 'varchar('.VmConfig::get('dbpdescsize',18500).') '.$linedefault;

Why do you have 19000?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

osp

I don't know, yestreday I had the same prb in categories, there was 20000 string long in description.
Changing to 18000 allows to add customtitle and it works...

Maybe typo in some previous version?

jasonbondone

Quote from: Milbo on March 08, 2012, 22:51:05 PM
oh thanks, ah the fix is just to set the value in the tableupdater to 18000, hmm I am wondering why it is too long for you, but not too long for me? Hmm I have in my code                

$fields['product_desc'] = 'varchar('.VmConfig::get('dbpdescsize',18500).') '.$linedefault;

Why do you have 19000?

where do i make this change?

cimran

Hello
can you please help me which file to edit