I get this error message when someone registers - Error: 403 - Access Forbidden

Started by dayson88, March 22, 2014, 17:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dayson88

I have an attachment to this question. Please see the print screen of the error message  that comes up after someone registers on my site , www.gentsndivas.com . I have searched online for solution but i just came accross this forum beleiveing it has to do with virtue mart, please help.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Joyce Shanks

Hello,

I need some help please.

I am experiencing the same issue with my on-line check out system. Is there a resolution to this available? Can someone please help.

Thank you,

Joyce Shanks
www.eCause.ca

Quote from: dayson88 on March 22, 2014, 17:29:18 PM
I have an attachment to this question. Please see the print screen of the error message  that comes up after someone registers on my site , www.gentsndivas.com . I have searched online for solution but i just came accross this forum beleiveing it has to do with virtue mart, please help.

jenkinhill

It could be a third party template problem if Captcha is activated but the template is not updated to work with it. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99755.msg421553#msg421553
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Joyce Shanks

Hi Kelvyn,

I am not using a template or a captcha for registration, I am trying to keep it simple for my peeps to get to payment. So this is not the issue, any other suggestions? I recently installed a new SSL certificate, do you think that may be a contributing factor?  :-\

Regards,

Joyce

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Joyce Shanks

dayson88

Sorry i did not come back here to tell you that i have gotten solution to the challenge. In my own case i kept troubleshooting and comparing with other virtuemart modules working well on other sites that i run. I later went to USER MANAGER, and clicked on OPTIONS on top right, and enabled ALLOW USER REGISTERATION , clicked d YES OPTION.
That solved it for me.

Joyce Shanks

Wooooo hooooo all fixed, thank you Kelvyn and Dayson88 (Dayson88) your comment helped me find the issue. I am not really tecky but Its fixed and I am truly grateful.

Thank you both!