News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Registration, shopper fields, joomla users

Started by Naturt, April 25, 2014, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naturt

Hi there!
SYSTEM: Joomla! 2.5.17 & Virtuemart 2.6.0.
I do a job, and I need custom shopper fields for the registration. I did that at shopper fields, and check the "Show in registration form" parameter.
Then I realize, I know almost nothing about the joomla and virtuemart user handling. I am very confused now.
1. The checked fields does not shown on Joomla registration form ( menu type:  Users Manager/Registration Form ). Some field show, depend on the joomla user profile plugins parameter (Plugin manager/User - Profile).
2. The created shopper fields only show in the menu type "VirtueMart ยป VirtueMart Account Maintenance". It is good, but when I fill the form and try to submit, the url is changed to "xxxx/edit" and nothing happens (no new user, no confirmation e-mail).

So what I need: A simple registration form, whan depends on the Virtuemart shopper fields, and the user can register through that. Is there any way to do this?

Thx in advance

Naturt

I think I found a way to the solution. Maybe it is a bug, i dont know but:

If the full name field at the account maintenance isn't filled, there is come back with an error message: "Please enter your name." even if it is disabled!!

Temporary solution: I enable this field (now it is unnecessary, but I don't know other way), and the users must give their full name.

Is it a bug? I know the "full name" field is a core field, and cannot be deleted, but it is must used? Even if it is disabled?!

jenkinhill

Some fields are required by Joomla, so are locked in VM's shopper fields editor. There is a way to unlock those fields, and then to unpublish them compeletely - the link here is about removong the TOS agreement, but the file to edit is the same. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=111063.msg372666#msg372666

For shop registration don't use Joomla's login module, but if you need a registration form to show other than at checkout then make a Joomla menu link to Virtuemart Account Maintenance
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum