News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Transfer everything from VM2 to VM2

Started by terrychen, February 05, 2014, 15:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrychen

Hello, I am new to VirtueMart. I would like to transfer everything (including products, images, categories, etc) from my Joomla VirtueMart2 site to another website that is using VirtueMart2 as well. What is the easiest and fastest way to process? Thank you for your responses.

//P.S. I know there are some commercial extensions that I might be able to use, however, most of them are to migrate VM1 to VM2, which is not quite what I am looking for

jenkinhill

Does the site you are transfering the data to already have products set up? Does it have Sales/Orders stored? Does it have Joomla/VM users registered?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

terrychen

Quote from: jenkinhill on February 05, 2014, 16:26:44 PM
Does the site you are transfering the data to already have products set up? Does it have Sales/Orders stored? Does it have Joomla/VM users registered?

Hi Kelvyn,

It is a brand new site. No data stored in there. I was thinking just simply export VM database and import it would do the work?

Regards,
Terry

PRO

Quote from: terrychen on February 05, 2014, 16:35:33 PM

Hi Kelvyn,

It is a brand new site. No data stored in there. I was thinking just simply export VM database and import it would do the work?

Regards,
Terry

yes you can import the database.

"drop" it, then replace it.

ALSO: you need to move your images over etc.

as long as it is not live, you can figure out things that need to be fixed.

terrychen

Quote from: PRO on February 05, 2014, 18:16:55 PM
Quote from: terrychen on February 05, 2014, 16:35:33 PM

Hi Kelvyn,

Regards,
Terry

yes you can import the database.

"drop" it, then replace it.

ALSO: you need to move your images over etc.

as long as it is not live, you can figure out things that need to be fixed.

Appreciate your answer!