News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Available for all shoppergroup price not showing

Started by rainman2000, November 05, 2013, 07:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainman2000

Hi All,

We have VM 2.0.22b and we have two prices set for each product. We have Available for all for a shoppergroup and then we have a Club members shopper group. Each shopper group has an override price with Overwrite final selected for each. The Club member price is less than the Available for all shopper group price. If user is not logged in or is not member of club member shopper group they should see the higher price. However, they are seeing the club member price. This use to work fine until we had some database issues. Please advise.

Thanks!

jenkinhill

Quote from: rainman2000 on November 05, 2013, 07:23:36 AM
This use to work fine until we had some database issues.

So what were the db issues and how were they fixed?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rainman2000

We accidentally made some changes to the ####_virtuemart_orders table and had to re-import it. The only other thing was changed is the pricing in the ####_virtuemart_product_prices table.

Also, it may be worthwhile to mention that in the ####_virtuemart_product_prices the virtuemart_shoppergroup_id for the "Available for all" shoppergroup is 0.

rainman2000

Okay. If I actually log in with a user who is a member of the default group then this works properly. That logged in user sees the pricing associated with the price that was assigned to the "Available for all" shopper group, but it shows the club member shopper group pricing when I log out. So my question is, "When a user is logged out, is there a specific user in the database that they are mapped to that may somehow gotten assigned to the club member shopper group?"

jenkinhill

I just tried to duplicate what you describe using VM2.0.24 with a specific price for all (no shopper group specified) and a lower price for silver shopper group. When logged out from default group the available for all price shows. When logged in as silver shopper the lower group price displays, when logged out and session cleared the default price shows.

So I do not see this issue.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rainman2000

I can't figure out why this happened, but I was able to resolve it. It seems that something was wrong with my membership shoppergroup so I changed the virtuemart_shoppegroup_id associated with the group to a new unsed number in ###_virtuemart_shoppergroups and ###_virtuemart_product_prices tables and it's working fine now.

I'm revising this post because I figured out what happened. Inside the ###_virtuemart_vmuser_shoppergroups table there is a Virtuemart_user_id of 0 that is the anonymous/default users. It had gotten mapped to the wrong shoppergroup_id in this table. It was mapped to my membership group so I changed it to 0.