Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

tax set to tax per bill but shipping not taxed

Started by marklandry, August 23, 2013, 17:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marklandry

Hi
I have a tax rule that's set to "tax per bill"
Basically, it seems like the product is being taxed but not the shipping.

EG
Tax rate is 6.25 %
Product price = 159.99
Shipping = 8.28
Total Tax = 10.00
Tax should be = 10.52 right?

Please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanx

Mark

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

marklandry

Sorry -
Virtuemart 2.0.20b
Joomla 2.5.9
PhP 5.3.27

marklandry

Really need some help here
Tried to upgrade to the latest but got a "invalid token..." error.  I'd like to avoid upgrading manually since I'll probably have some things to clean up after.
thanx again for your help.

Mark

Maxim Pishnyak

Quote from: marklandry on August 30, 2013, 00:23:31 AM
Tried to upgrade to the latest but got a "invalid token..." error. 
Akeeba restore points must be turned off. And use standard Joomla installation routine.
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

marklandry

Hi - thanx for your response
I just upgraded to 2.0.22b, upgraded the extensions via AIO, cleared all caches etc, and got a litany of errors, way too many to deal with so I had to revert to the previous version installed (as noted in this thread).  I initially posted on this forum but deleted the post after I reverted back (a copy is below).

Since upgrading seems to cause probs, can you look into the initial problem (ie tax not applied to full bill) without me having to upgrade?

Thank you

Mark

PROBS WITH UPGRADE

QuoteWhen trying to access product details on front end I get the following
Warning: require(/nfs/c03/h04/mnt/51974/domains/seejesus.net/html/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/shopfunctions.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/51974/domains/seejesus.net/html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/mediahandler.php on line 232

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/nfs/c03/h04/mnt/51974/domains/seejesus.net/html/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/shopfunctions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.3.27/share/pear') in /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/51974/domains/seejesus.net/html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/mediahandler.php on line 232

When trying to save product in back end I get the following

vmError: TableProduct_prices::store failed - Column 'created_on' cannot be null SQL=UPDATE `rrvip_virtuemart_product_prices` SET `virtuemart_product_id`='20',`virtuemart_shoppergroup_id`='0',`product_price`='49.99000',`override`='1',`product_override_price`='30.00000',`product_tax_id`='0',`product_discount_id`='0',`product_currency`='144',`product_price_publish_up`='0',`product_price_publish_down`='0',`price_quantity_start`='15',`price_quantity_end`='999',`created_on`=NULL,`created_by`=NULL,`modified_on`='2013-08-30 15:41:11',`modified_by`='1032' WHERE `virtuemart_product_price_id`='104'
vmError: TableProduct_prices::store failed - Column 'created_on' cannot be null SQL=UPDATE `rrvip_virtuemart_product_prices` SET `virtuemart_product_id`='20',`virtuemart_shoppergroup_id`='0',`product_price`='49.99000',`override`='1',`product_override_price`='35.00000',`product_tax_id`='0',`product_discount_id`='0',`product_currency`='144',`product_price_publish_up`='0',`product_price_publish_down`='0',`price_quantity_start`='10',`price_quantity_end`='14',`created_on`=NULL,`created_by`=NULL,`modified_on`='2013-08-30 15:41:11',`modified_by`='1032' WHERE `virtuemart_product_price_id`='103'

Just did a manual upgrade, ie, upload through the joomla installer as VM upgrade didn't work.  Also installed latest virtuemart AIO

It seems like the products that don't require shipping don't have a problem, only the one's that require shipping seem to be throwing errors, so I unpublished all shipping plugins and still got the same prob.

Also, we're using the "add to cart" content plugin, which is broken as well.