News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Issue with New Account creation

Started by newsomjk, July 15, 2013, 22:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newsomjk

Ok, so using a fresh install of virtuemart 2.0.20b and Joomla 2.5...

I add a new account using the Joomla register page. This account shows up in both the Joomla user manager and the Virtuemart Shopper list. It shows the user with group = 'shopper' and Shopper Group = '-default-' however, this account is not added to any of these tables: njos_virtuemart_userinfos, njos_virtuemart_vmusers, njos_virtuemart_vmuser_shoppergroups.

This is causing all my extra functions that check a user's shopper group to not work as no new user actually receives a shopper group.

What can I do to fix this? This issue has remained unsolvable for me for the past few weeks.

I've found that if I attempt to purchase something on this account and fill out more details they get sent to the tables njos_virtuemart_userinfos and njos_virtuemart_vmusers, but still not the vmuser_shoppergroups. Also, while this manages to get the data I want to have the user input all their info at the same time if they would like to, I don't want the input split up like this.

nascent

Hi,
It sounds like you've created some shopper fields and they only show on Shipping and not on Registration.
Look at the configuration of your shopper fields and make sure the "Show in Registration form" is checked.
That should take care of the njos_virtuemart_userinfos and njos_virtuemart_vmusers tables.

For the shopper groups, check that your products are allocated to the correct shopper group.

Hope this helps.

cheers,
n

newsomjk

Turning on other shopper fields doesn't affect the joomla registration form, and if I use the virtuemart registration form it doesn't add the user at all.

Unfortunately for some of the code we want to do, simply putting products in their respective shopper groups isn't enough. I need that table to work so I can check a user's shopper group wherever.