News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Just installed VM 2.0.20b

Started by joeberg, June 05, 2013, 17:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeberg

Hello,

I have VM 2.0.20b, Joomla 2.5.11, and php 5.3.17.

My installed never created an link on the Administration/Components menu and I'm getting this error: 

No Shop Currency defined! Contact the administrator, if you are one go to http://www.teamcartcaddy.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=editshop

I've serch this forum as best as I can, and find anything that will help me.

Thanks.

jenkinhill

First see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=115006.msg387392#msg387392

Once you enter the shop/vendor details & define the currency used the warning will go away.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

joeberg

That worked.  As soon as I published the xmap extension for VM, the option is listed in my Administratop/Components menu.

When I try to enter a new Shop/New Vendor, I've enter all of the information.  It won't let me save it.

Joe

joeberg

I am getting two errors on the page:

Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'vm2front' index.php:215
Uncaught TypeError: Object function (e,t){return new v.fn.init(e,t,n)} has no method 'cookie' index.php:205

Does this help?

Joe

fritschle

I'm having a very similar issue.  This is not the first time I've installed virtuemart but this time or some reason the "shop" page in the admin area isn't displaying properly.  It doesn't have the tabs that it normally has for "vendor" and "additional information", instead all the info from both tabs is on one page.  It also won't save any changes I make to this page. 

When I hit save it adds the # to the end of the url in the bowser but doesn't actually save or refresh the page. 

I have attached an image to show you what I'm referring to. 

Version 2.5.11 of Joomla and 2.0.20b of Virtuemart. 
I thought maybe the issue was due to me installing Virtuemart and then some other plugins and components all in a row.  So I uninstalled Virtuemart and everything I installed after, removed all the corresponding tables from the database and reinstalled.  Same error.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

fritschle

jenkinhill

last night before your reply, i completely removed joomla and the database.  I started from a fresh install.  Installed Joomla, virtuemart, and set up my vendor info, the shop page like the screen shot i posted worked, with the tabs and allowed me to save.  I logged in today and it was back to no tabs and not letting me save.

i went through your vendor fixes as best i could and i'm not getting anywhere there either. still no tabs and won't save on that particular page from the screen shot.  the rest of the virtuemart admin pages all work properly. 

i'm at a loss.  I've used virtuemart many times never had this problem and have done nothing out of the ordinary on this site.

jenkinhill

So it worked yesterday - and today does not? You know that does not make any sense unless something changed. Do you use something else with JavaScript in the backend that could cause problems? eg see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=116751.msg393922#msg393922
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

fritschle

Ok.  I had my reply all typed up.  I have another site I'm setting up and installing things on.  I thought I had exactly the same things installed on it.. but I didn't.  Was missing a few things so I started installing them one by one and checking the virtuemart shop config page each time I installed one.  When I installed Simple Image Gallery Pro I got the error.  Something with it is causing a problem with my Virtuemart.

If anyone else has both installed, http://forum.joomlaworks.net/simple-image-gallery-pro-(plugin)/sigpro-3-0-1-conflict-with-virtuemart-2-0-20b-administrator-ui/ 

A quick disable of the simple image gallery button plugin allows the virtuemart to work, and looks like they are working on a fix to remove the conflict. 

Thanks jenkinhill, you got me thinking in the right direction.