News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

building from spare parts

Started by RFAweb, June 24, 2013, 18:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFAweb

We use Zombaio for payment processing, IF it ever works! They do not have a plugin, so I need to find a freeware/shareware plugin I can deconstruct to know how to build one.

I have  example files called Zombaio_ITS.php MD5.asp and Zombaio_ITS.asp located at https://www.zombaio.com/developer-sdk.asp to try to turn into a payment plugin. In my exploring, I know these eventually end up in user/public_html/plugins/vmpayment/~option_name~, but creating a file and adding them in doesn't create a new payment method. That seems to happen in the installing of the plugin.

I am not a programmer, so I do things by cutting and pasting.  I need to find a payment plugin to look at. The programming here only shows the final result.  I can't find the the original plugin that makes the new option available in the Payment Option list in the back end. If anyone knows where there is a freeware/shareware plugin I can deconstruct, I would appreciate knowing how to get a copy.
RFAwebmaster
     RavenFoxAudio.net (WARNING!  Adult Content)
           Joomla!2.5.11
                VirtueMart 2.0.20b

Current Projects: {  Cleaning up the little stuff on a new site;
                              Attempting to make a plugin so we can use Zombaio.com's payment processor;
}

jenkinhill

There are 15 different payment plugins included in the VirtueMart installation.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

RFAweb

Quote from: jenkinhill on June 24, 2013, 20:12:14 PM
There are 15 different payment plugins included in the VirtueMart installation.
Yes, but none of them are my payment processor.  Creating another folder in user/public_html/plugins/vmpayment doesn't create another option in the backend Payment Method dropdown box, and creating that option (and making it work) are what I am trying to accomplish. That means that activating the dropdown box is part of a plugin program that I am asking for help finding.
RFAwebmaster
           Joomla!2.5.11
                VirtueMart 2.0.20b

}

Maxim Pishnyak

Haha! Creating folder is NOT help you.

But creating plugin for your payment processor could help you:

• When you would have such plugin

• and when you would install it on your web site

• your web site will create appropriative folder for this plugin
This is how things work.

Search information how-to create payment plugins.
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

RFAweb

Quote from: Maxim Pishnyak on June 25, 2013, 10:48:33 AM
Haha! Creating folder is NOT help you.

But creating plugin for your payment processor could help you:

• When you would have such plugin

• and when you would install it on your web site

• your web site will create appropriative folder for this plugin
This is how things work.

Search information how-to create payment plugins.
Yes, I stated that I already knew that. 
I am searching for an example to build from. 
I haven't been able to find one elsewhere.
That is the point of this thread.

Laughing at people, to their face or in type, doesn't solve problems.
RFAwebmaster
           Joomla!2.5.11
                VirtueMart 2.0.20b

}

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

RFAweb

RFAwebmaster
           Joomla!2.5.11
                VirtueMart 2.0.20b

}

alatak

Hello

QuoteCreating another folder in user/public_html/plugins/vmpayment doesn't create another option in the backend Payment Method dropdown box,
The payments are joomla plugins.
To have them displayed in the Payment Method dropdown box, you have to add it in the extensions table.
You have 2 solutions:
1. you create the xml file, and install it like a normal plugin in the joomla extension manager.
2.you insert it in the extensions tables, via for example phpmydamin

INSERT INTO `#__extensions` (`extension_id`, `type`, `name`, `element`, `folder`, `access`, `ordering`
  , `enabled`, `protected`, `client_id`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `params`)
VALUES
(NULL, 'plugin', 'plg_vmpayment_yourpayment', 'yourpayment', 'vmpayment', 1, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '')
;

RFAweb

Quote from: alatak on June 27, 2013, 22:53:30 PM
Hello

1. you create the xml file, and install it like a normal plugin in the joomla extension manager.
2.you insert it in the extensions tables, via for example phpmydamin

INSERT INTO `#__extensions` (`extension_id`, `type`, `name`, `element`, `folder`, `access`, `ordering`
  , `enabled`, `protected`, `client_id`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `params`)
VALUES
(NULL, 'plugin', 'plg_vmpayment_yourpayment', 'yourpayment', 'vmpayment', 1, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '')
;

I am waiting on an XML for Dummies book to help with the creating.  Meanwhile, I do have phpMyAdmin in my cPanel, and I can identify the database. I am looking at it to see if I can figure out to do with the programming you gave me. Thank yo for the direction to explore.
RFAwebmaster
           Joomla!2.5.11
                VirtueMart 2.0.20b

}