News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Language override for Mail Subject

Started by bpluijms, July 05, 2012, 11:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpluijms

Hello,,
I am using VM 2.0.8c and J2.5.6 and I noticed that my Language overrides for Mail Subject doesn't work.

I am using the following code for mail subjects, which should be correct. If I place them in nl-NL.override.ini it doesn't work. When I place them directly in nl-NL.com_virtuemart.ini it works, but I will loose them when I update my language strings.

COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_Y="Uw bestelling ([%3$s]) staat klaar"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_C="Uw bestelling ([%3$s]) is bevestigd"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_P="Uw bestelling ([%3$s]) is in behandeling"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_R="Uw bestelling ([%3$s]) is geannuleerd"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_S="Uw bestelling ([%3$s]) is verzonden"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_U="Uw bestelling ([%3$s]) is bevestigd"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_X="Uw bestelling ([%3$s]) is geannuleerd"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_G="Uw bestelling ([%3$s]) is in behandeling"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_C="[%3$s], bevestigde bestelling door %1$s, totaal %2$s"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_P="[%3$s], uitgestelde bestelling door %1$s, totaal %2$s"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_R="Bestelstatus voor order [%3$s] is gewijzigd"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_S="Bestelstatus voor order [%3$s] is gewijzigd"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_X="Bestelstatus voor order [%3$s] is gewijzigd"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_U="Bestelstatus voor order [%3$s] is gewijzigd"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_Y="Bestelstatus voor order [%3$s] is gewijzigd"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_G="Bestelstatus voor order [%3$s] is gewijzigd"

Could someone help me out with this?
Thanks
Bart

srajca

QuoteIf I place them in nl-NL.override.ini it doesn't work.
i don't think you should have it named like that. Keep the original name of the file but just put in the languages/override folder...see if it works

bpluijms

Quote from: srajca on July 06, 2012, 00:09:10 AM
i don't think you should have it named like that. Keep the original name of the file but just put in the languages/override folder...see if it works

No, I have tried that.
So I tried to place the language override strings in nl-NL.override.ini (override directory)
And I have tried to place the language override strings in nl-NL.com_virtuemart.ini, also in the language override directory.
Both solutions don't work. The only way I have find till now is to put the language strings directly in /language/nl-NL/nl-NL.com_virtuemart.ini but then I will loose them at VM update.

I hope someone will find a solution to this problem.

bpluijms

Hello Srajca,

Thank you for your response, but if you have read my reply you should have seen that I have tried that already.

In fact, other language override strings for Virtuemart are correct, but I can't get the language override strings for the mailsubject to work.
So, for as far I can see, only the mail subject language override doesn't work.

I hope someone could check this for me.

malaclypse

Have you tried both override folders, i mean
/language/overrides and /administrator/language/overrides

I think I had the same problem with the COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_PRINT_* language strings. They only worked in the admin override folder. I don't know if it is supposed to be like that.

bpluijms

Thank you!

That solved the problem.

I should have check that myself, but I thought there was only one override directory.

morfeas

Dear all , I'm sorry for renewing this topic but I don't want to start new similar topic.

I wish there is someone who could help me with this case.

I have a Joomla 2.5 site + VM 2.0.20b  the website & store language is English. All are working fine  except the COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_U="[%3$s], Order confirmed by %1$s, total %2$s"

When i receive an order email the subject is    COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_U .

I tried out the language/overrides &   administrator/language/overrides  but I had no success.

The point is that my store is at english and should not have any problems with the en-GB.com-virtuemart.ini  and etc files.

How I could solve this issue? 
Thanks in advance

[attachment cleanup by admin]