News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

upgrading vm2.6.14 to 2.9.9

Started by raunhar, December 11, 2014, 12:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raunhar

How can I upgrade the vm 2.6.14 on joomla 2.5 to vm2.9.9, so that vm2.9.9 can be used on joomla3

jenkinhill

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=126862.0

And it should be to VM3.0.2 not 2.9.9   Update VM first and then go to J3 after fixing any VM override issues. Only use J3 if all third party extensions you need are available for that J version. Note that generally components run slower on J3 than on J2.5
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

raunhar

I am still on joomla 2.5 .One of the payment plugin is not yet developed for vm3 .
As joomla 2.5 is nearing its end, so I decided to update to joomla 3 with vm2.9.9

jenkinhill

Just because J2.5 is ending its development cycle is not really a reason to "upgrade". Any important security problems that may arise with 2.5 will be solved by third parties (including VM devs) in the same way that a security patch was issued for J1.5
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 11, 2014, 12:35:53 PM
Note that generally components run slower on J3 than on J2.5

I think it is not so easy to say that in general. Lately we noticed a speed improvement by j3, for example if you put something in the cart.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jenkinhill

I have found a significant speed difference with Community Builder, but maybe the latest speed improvements for VM3.0.2 will help with J3 overall store speed.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK