News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

A page for people that can add there own products to the store

Started by billy13, January 23, 2013, 22:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy13

Hello everyone,

Just a quick thing before I ask my question and I have to say that VirtueMart is the best e-commerce cms i have ever used.

Now the question,

I'd like a separate page away from the admin panel so users can add there own items to the shop/database, i run a fansite for a game and I use VirtueMart as a catalog to display the list of items in the game

You can visit my virtuemart here to give you more of an idea of what  I  mean: http://smalltoday.net/index.php/pricelists/prices

There are over 1,000 products that need adding and I need a page that can add products to different catagories but i'd like it to be usable for anyone, is this possible? if not does anyone know of any plugin/script that can add multiple products at a time or quickly add products, I only publish 3 products per minute and this isn't good enough, I need to publish at least 10 per minute or 6 because there are so many to publish.

Thank you

chetanmadaan

No... Virtuemart 2 doesn't allow product submission from the frontend.
You may just go ahead and create a custom php form that would insert the product into the database.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum