News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Keycaptcha hacked?

Started by snoopy, January 04, 2013, 10:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopy

Hi

I use Keycaptcha to avoid spam. It worked fine. But now I am getting several spam mails per day via "Product Inquiry". Has anybody made the same experience? I contacted the Keycaptcha team and they replied fast. But the answer did not take me any further to a solution.

Again, is there anybody else who is using Keycaptcha and getting spam via Product Inquiry nevertheless?

best by Snoopy

I am using Joomla 2.5.7 and VM 2.0.11

VM_Fans

Some SEO tools can hack the Keycaptcha.

KeyCAPTCHA_

Quote from: snoopy on January 04, 2013, 10:02:34 AM
Hi

I use Keycaptcha to avoid spam. It worked fine. But now I am getting several spam mails per day via "Product Inquiry". Has anybody made the same experience? I contacted the Keycaptcha team and they replied fast. But the answer did not take me any further to a solution.

Again, is there anybody else who is using Keycaptcha and getting spam via Product Inquiry nevertheless?

best by Snoopy

I am using Joomla 2.5.7 and VM 2.0.11
Hi1
Looks like KeyCAPTCHA plugin doesn't configured in right way.
You can check it by following way: edit file /plugins/system/keycaptcha/keycaptcha.php find KeyCAPTCHA code (line 58: <!-- KeyCAPTCHA code (www.keycaptcha.com)-->) and add to js line document.s_s_c_debugmode=1;
After this try to post on "Product Inquiry" without solving captcha. If you see error "The solution of task you submitted was incorrect." then captcha is well configured. But if you see that post was successfull, then you should do some more steps to configure plugin.
Please, reopen ticket at keycaptcha.com and we'll help you to configure plugin.
(Sarah85, please, open ticket too)
Regards, KeyCAPTCHA Team