News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Migrate from 1.1.9 to latest 2: lost shipping methods, payments and other stuff

Started by maxxer, October 31, 2012, 18:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxxer

hi.

I'm performing a migration from a 1.1.9 install to 2.0.12f.
Steps:

• Remove VM's plugin and modules
  • Copy images
  • Remove components/com_virtuemart and administration/components/com_virtuemart
  • Install com_virtuemart.2.0.12f.zip
  • Execute Data migration tool
As a result I get most of my customers, most of the orders, but:

• in order details row totals are all 0, even if the product price and the order total are correctly set
  • in order details there are no shipping and payment details
  • shipment and payment methods are empty (while there were A LOT in the 1.1 shop)
  • taxes: empty
Products and categories looks fine, but I wish I'd keep all my order history with details...

Did I do something wrong? The only thing I omitted from some posts I saw elsewhere is to install sample data, since it's a fully running shop I believe I don't need them.

Any hint?
thanks in advance

jenkinhill

You may have needed to "Start migration" again to migrate all the orders. (Step 14 on the FAQ, http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95236.0 )

You cannot transfer the shipment and payment methods, or the tax setup to VM2 as these are handled in a very different way in this version. Once you have images associated with products etc you can start to set up Payment and Shipping plugins and your Tax/calculation rule(s).
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

maxxer

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 01, 2012, 15:49:10 PM
You may have needed to "Start migration" again to migrate all the orders. (Step 14 on the FAQ, http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95236.0 )
Thanks for the link.
Still orders don't contain line totals...

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 01, 2012, 15:49:10 PMYou cannot transfer the shipment and payment methods, or the tax setup to VM2 as these are handled in a very different way in this version. Once you have images associated with products etc you can start to set up Payment and Shipping plugins and your Tax/calculation rule(s).
Anyway, if I manually enter payment and shipping methods BEFORE the migration, is it possible to mantain this information into the imported orders?
thanks

karaoke

I migrated from VM 1.1.9 to VM 2 but I lost tax in final prices of the products.

Is there any way to apply tax to all products instead of applying one by one. I have around 5000 products in my store and it's not possible to edit the products one by one.

jenkinhill

Make one tax rule - under Products/Taxes & Calculation Rules  - do not assign it to a category, shopper group or vendor and then it will apply to all products.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

karaoke

Thank you for your response. I have created one tax rule and didn't assign it to any category or group but the rule has not applied to any of the products. I have attached the screenshots.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

karaoke

I just ran the following query and the problem resolved

UPDATE PREFIX_virtuemart_product_prices
SET product_tax_id='1'