News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Add to cart button doesn't work

Started by michail, November 28, 2012, 14:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michail

Hi all,

I installed Virtuemart 2.0.14 (in Joomla 2.5) and added some products and categories. However, the 'add to cart' button to place products in my shopping cart doesn't work. Nothing happens when I click on it, even though I configured Virtuemart to display a popup when placing items in the shopping cart.

Also, I can't find the shopping cart in the front-end.

I am new to this, so maybe I'm missing something..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jenkinhill

url?

For shopping cart module, I assumed you also installed the aio component? If so ensure the cart module is published to a suitable user position in your Joomla template.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bytelord

Hello,

Also check for javascript conflicts if your module is published and aio component is installed as jenkinhill sais...

Use firebug to examine your site code and styling .. also for checking js conflicts ...
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102850.0

Javascript conflicts:
http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/General_JS-Problems_with_templates_and_jQuery
http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/JavascriptCSS_Template_Overrides_and_Avoiding_Conflicts_between_Libraries

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

michail

Thanks a lot! I disabled loading the Virtuemart jQuery library in the Template tab in the back-end, and now when I click on a 'add to cart' button, I get redirected to the shopping cart. However, the items aren't added to the cart yet, my shopping cart remains empty. Could this be another jQuery-related error?

Also, I don't want to be redirected to the shopping cart when I click the 'add to cart' button. I want the popup notification and then be able to continue shopping.

P.s.: I also installed the aio component by the way, and now that I've published the module, my shopping cart is visible! :)

bytelord

A live url will help us to examine your site also. Using firebug to can examine all your conflicts ...

Regards

michail

The url is ***.

I installed Firebug, but like I said, I'm not an expert. I see some errors but I don't know if they relate to Virtuemart or another plugin.

bytelord

Hello,

Using firebug i see that the following module is loading jquery
/modules/mod_rkr_cookiecontrol/assets/jquery.min.js
This is version is 1.7.2, not problem with ... but loaded by the module a little bit late, please disable the jquery from that module and try to enable vm jquery library.

Also your template load the /templates/jsn_epic_pro/js/jsn_noconflict.js .... this is not the normal and expected jquery_noConlfict ... please fix that also.

Test it and post back your results.

Regards

michail

Hi bytelord,

I disabled loading jQuery in the cookiecontrol module.

What do you mean with "/templates/jsn_epic_pro/js/jsn_noconflict.js is not the normal and expected jQuery_noConflict"? When should the normal jQuery_noConflict be loaded? And how do I fix it? :)

Thanks in advance!

bytelord

ok,

As i see again you are loading jquery again for inside a module and not from the page header, please fix that ... or disable are jquery instanses and use jquery easy extension to load version 1.7.x for example.

How to fix your template and custom modules operation out of the general instructions i cannot give you because i am not aware of your custom template or modules which may are commercial.

<div id="jsn-pos-stick-leftbottom">
<div class=" jsn-modulecontainer">
<div class="jsn-modulecontainer_inner">
<div class="jsn-modulecontent">
<script type="text/javascript">
<script type="text/javascript">
<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript">
<div class="clearbreak"></div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>