News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

After many tries/installations shop is still not public. only for registered?

Started by jmacken, November 16, 2012, 18:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmacken

I have tried to install VM2 a few times but the shop is never public access which I want. Even the modules don't show up. I have tried what I could. The modules and menu items are all public access but nothing. You click on the menu to go to the shop and it shows only the titles for things such as feature and popular but no products show up. What am I missing?

Go to droughtclothing.com to see that it doesn't show up. Please help! I am out of ideas except move on to another shop installation that may not be as featured as yours but easier to configure. I am at wits end.

I have also done many searches for this issue and found none.

VM2
J2.5
godaddy

jenkinhill

First problem could be Godaddy - their servers tend to be locked down for PHP resources, so you are likely to have difficulties with even installing a large component files like  com_virtuemart.2.0.14.tar.gz and com_virtuemart.2.0.14_ext_aio.tar.gz   - did the aio component install OK, without any error messages? I did notice that the site is very slow, which looks like a server issue.  What PHP version are you using on the server?

There is an obvious problem with your site in that you are loading two copies of jQueery, once through VirtueMart and once for your Artisteer template. You should only load one version. I would suggest turning off VM's jQuery install and moving your template's jQuery load ( <script type="text/javascript" src="/templates/droughtv2g/jquery.js"></script ) higher up the index page so it loads first.

You say you have public published modutes - are they correctly assigned to user positions in your Artisteer template?

Make sure that products & categories are not assigned to shopper groups (ie leave the shopper group set to anonymous.)

Maybe a good idea to try using a standard Joomla template such as Beez5 to initially get VM working without the Artisteer clutter. Once that isworking then switch templates and fix the issues caused by that template. 
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum