News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Installed VirtueMart but can't get aio to install

Started by David Bellamy, August 12, 2012, 07:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Bellamy

Installed VirtueMart but can't get aio file to install. I went ahead and used virtuemart without the aio plugin. I populated the online store and later tried to install aio and got same message. "There was an error installing this file." Everything works except payment methods and processing. So I need to figure out the problem and complete the site. I am using Joomla 2.5.6 and working on WAMP building the site locally. All suggestions on a potential solution would be greatly appreciated.
David

jenkinhill

Most likely insufficient resources. I use these:  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102045.msg339125#msg339125

WAMP is very slow when compared to a real server, so you may need to make max_execution_time even bigger
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bytelord

Hello,

Could you please download the tar.gz files for AIO from http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

Extract the file and try to upload it again. The tar.gz is smaller files and your local or remote server can handle it better.

Also please take a look on the solution that jenkinhill post you.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

BL
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

David Bellamy

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! To Jenkin Hill and ByteLord. I tried loading the smaller file suggested by ByteLord first and the component installed. And I appear to be moving forward without a problem. And as suggested, I will evaluate my php.ini settings to make sure I have the right resources available for maximum execution. I greatly appreciate the help.

Thank you again.

David Bellamy