News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Serious Issue with VM 2 configuration after domain name change

Started by rwlazlo, June 09, 2012, 20:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwlazlo

I have an issue after changing the domain name for my commerce website (hosting stayed the same). So I moved the website from USSoccerSuperstore.com over to SoccerSuperstoreUSA.com and now both are working at the moment. Issues I face are;

1- If an order is placed on either website, the orders notices email are coming only from old domain VM and are only visible in old domain VM back end.
2- Sometimes when I add item to cart and click on Show Cart, it loads the Cart empty. This is on/off issue.

How do I correct those issues??? Please help.

rwlazlo

Solved! The issue was with SSL certificate after the domain was changed. The SSL moved together with everything else and did not with the new domain name as it is domain specific. We encountered number of issues like cart emptying out, orders sometimes showing in VM and sometimes not. After we requested and got new matching SSL all got fixed it seems. It seems something very important to know when moving websites with SSLs to new domains.