Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Too Many Problems / Bugs

Started by skont, May 25, 2012, 06:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skont

Hello all.

I am struggling for a long time to fix some problems I have:

a) Calculations in prices exept TAX are not beeing applied -> Mainly I need a discount per shopper group. I am creating the rule and apply it to a shopper group but the calculation is not displayed or executed.
b) I get the error Attention no standard shopper group set -> I tried multiple times the "solution" to Update and install if nesecery the tables but with no luck
c) Prices in the cart are not displaying at all
d)Coupons Are not calculated correct. For example I have a Product with price 100 and tax 23% that gives us a Total of 123 if i add a coupon of 10% discount it discounts the final price but it does not recalculates the tax so the invoice comes out wrong
e) When I delete a shopper from vm he gets deleted from the joomla users too without even any wornong THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE FIX IT ASAP please
f) If I have a shopper in 2 groups i get a double entry in shoppers list. If I try to delete one of them it deletes both and the Joomla user without a warning. Also UNACCEPTABLE.

I could say more but ...

the point is that I would be glad to get any help regarding a, b, or c

Thanks in advance guys

I forgot  to mention: joomla 2.5.4, VM 2.0.6 stable (!!!!)

Merry

Quote from: skont on May 25, 2012, 06:14:19 AM
Hello all. I am struggling for a long time to fix some problems I have:
a) Calculations in prices exept TAX are not beeing applied -> Mainly I need a discount per shopper group. I am creating the rule and apply it to a shopper group but the calculation is not displayed or executed.
b) I get the error Attention no standard shopper group set -> I tried multiple times the "solution" to Update and install if nesecery the tables but with no luck
c) Prices in the cart are not displaying at all
d)Coupons Are not calculated correct. For example I have a Product with price 100 and tax 23% that gives us a Total of 123 if i add a coupon of 10% discount it discounts the final price but it does not recalculates the tax so the invoice comes out wrong
e) When I delete a shopper from vm he gets deleted from the joomla users too without even any wornong THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE FIX IT ASAP please
f) If I have a shopper in 2 groups i get a double entry in shoppers list. If I try to delete one of them it deletes both and the Joomla user without a warning. Also UNACCEPTABLE.
I could say more but ... the point is that I would be glad to get any help regarding a, b, or c Thanks in advance guys
I forgot  to mention: joomla 2.5.4, VM 2.0.6 stable (!!!!)

Skont,

First of all you are trying to do too many things at once, and they can conflict, please do one thing and test to be SURE it is working correctly, THEN move on to the next thing. This is good programming practice. If you are not too far along and willing to start completely over, you might consider using the advanced tool "reset to default settings."

A, B, C and D are in the user manual. It would be dozens of pages to reproduce them here. DO THEM ONE AT A TIME AND TEST.

E and F -- I recommend that you NEVER delete a user from your database. From the user manual: "Delete a shopper completely by checking the box next to their name, then clicking the top right DELETE Button. THERE IS NO "ARE YOU SURE?" prompt so be sure before you do it!

TIP: Rather than delete a real shopper from your store – which messes up your record-keeping – instead change their username to "inactive shopper" and email address to an address you create such as inactive@mydomain.com. "

Good luck!
Merry

Answer is probably from my VirtueMart 2 User Manual ebook, includes FREE updates. FREE Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Quick Install Guide & 30-Minute Quick Setup Guide http://showmeguides.com/