News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[Solved]Shipping Module help

Started by streaks, April 20, 2012, 04:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

streaks

I am trying to find a shipping module for Joomla 2.5 Virtuemart 2.0 site that will allow me to simply setup free shipping for any product. Is there one out there that will help me out? My vendor will ship directly to the customer, so I do not need to configure an account with UPS or USPS.

Any help is appreciated.

John2400

Hi streaks,

You have the ability to set up shipping for free already in the normal VM package -.

Just go to your shop>>shipping methods>>new>. Shipment name >> Free>>shipment method>>VM shipment by weight>> Save , save

Now click on configuration>> put a country>> save >> don't fill in anything else>>

Free -  everthing shipping

Now go to configuration in the left panel >> checkout>> tick enable automatic select shipment

done  - all shipping is free - then play with options - your customer will purchase a goo and no shipping will turn up - it will be in the invoive.

Pleased mark solved if this helped. I'm sure alatak will tell me you don't need the country so leave that out too and test.

streaks

I am such a newb - I never installed the standard aio file that came with Virtuemart.

I apologize for wasting your time and really appreciate the notes and reply.

fwoodson

This module works fine if you have a set shipping charge, but if you ship based on the accumulated weight of items in your cart, it's not capable. If it is, I haven't been able to figure how to do it.  I do a little programming...not a lot and I'm so dissatisfied with VM2.0.  If a merchant has to take time to input information about a product, he/she is not doing it to keep from customers.  This version of VirtueMart makes displaying information so difficult it's really sad. I've spent the last few days just trying to display information to customers I've already entered.