[SOLVED] VM sending 2 success mails after upgrade to 2.6.12.2

Started by JasonDeeFL, November 12, 2014, 01:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonDeeFL

Hey Guys,

Just upgraded to VirtueMart 2.6.12.2 and when an order is submitted the user receives 2 identical emails instead of 1.

Any ideas? Joomla version is 2.5.27

Thanks

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

JasonDeeFL

Apparently you have to make a core hack to fix this problem , which will be overwritten when updating virtuemart,  adding the following code in \administrator\components\com_virtuemart\models\orders.php removed the double emails:

Old code:
// Send the email

$res = shopFunctionsF::renderMail('invoice', $order['details']['BT']->email, $vars, null,$vars['doVendor'],$this->useDefaultEmailOrderStatus);

New code:
// Send the email

if(empty($shipment_name) || empty($payment_name)){
return false;
}

$res = shopFunctionsF::renderMail('invoice', $order['details']['BT']->email, $vars, null,$vars['doVendor'],$this->useDefaultEmailOrderStatus);

Found a forum link on one of the posts you pointed out, but the third one you cited is the same problem unanswered,  I went ahead and replied to the guy...

lorartemis

I'm using Virtuemart 2.6.12 and Joomla 2.5.27 and have the same issue.   I have to receive pending emails as the client wants to use the Offline Card Processing plugin bought from the VM plugin site.   This means the client only gets the last four digits of the card if they receiving the pending order email.   If they only receive the Confirmed order email, they lost the last four card digits.   I know the Mods think pending is useless, but why have a plugin which replies on it if it's no good?   

I opened a ticket with them to ask the same question and was fobbed off with the answer that settings where in VM configuration which was no help at all.    I'm so frustrated with this now that I could cheerfully just walk away from my company and just not work at all.

Does anyone know if this fix keeps the pending email for the vendor?

JasonDeeFL

This fix uses the Pending status in the back-end,  it will send the first 12 digits of the CC number using the offline CC processor by Alatek.

alatak