News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Order confirmation email not sent to customer or admin

Started by Dahij, April 26, 2014, 20:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dahij

Hello,

I'm facing a problem with Virtuemart 2.6, order confirmation email is not sent to the customer nor admin. It have worked previously and I'm not sure when it have stopped working so I did try to update the virtuemart to the newest version (2.6.0) and updated joomla to 2.5.19.

Email is sent if the order is cancelled, confirmed, sent etc. VM is not sending mail when the order is placed.

Does anyone have any idea why it's not sending mail when order is placed? Is there tickbox or something in VM which I have missed?

I have tried to search these forums and google this problem but haven't found a solution to this. I have checked mail.log in the server and there's no mention about sending an email at that time when the order is placed.

PHP version is  5.3.3-7+squeeze18 with Suhosin-Patch (cli)

jenkinhill

In Configuration/Checkout look at the settings for Default Order Status to send email .......

You should use a minimum PHP version of 5.3.10 to run VM2.6 - http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/456-virtuemart-are-proud-to-release-vm2-6
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Dahij

Seems that the problem was lot easier than I thought and now I feel little stupid.

Thank you for pointing out the "Default Order Status to send email" that probably haven't existed in older versions or I haven't ever seen that before.

the problem is solved.

dimitrakopouloslakis

I make all you said but nothing!
In Configuration/Checkout i check all the settings for Default Order Status to send email but i don't receive an email.
Same for the shopper.

Please help me!
Thanks
I am using Joomla 2.5.19 and Virtuemart 2.6.0

oviliz

Same problem here.

Can be a permission folder/files issue?

vagrant

Hey dimitrakopouloslakis and oviliz
        I am new here so please if you find my answer so stupid please ignore it.
As Jenkinhill already told the right way to do it I had this issue so what I did

Default Order Status to create an invoice I added only *confirmed* nothing else

Default Order Status to send email to shopper I added everything by clicking *select all*

Default Order Status to send email to vendor I added everything by clicking *select all*

kindly check the junk mail as well.

Prob you already done it I am just trying to help.
cheers