News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Strange breadcrumbs

Started by greaves, January 31, 2014, 13:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greaves

Hello,

I have a problem with the breadcrumbs.

I have a product with several child categorized in Fashion & Jewellery / Jewellery / Rings : http://tw.mixew.com/index.php/en/fashion-jewellery/ring-emma-detail.
Its breadcrumb is :  HomeFashion, Jewellery, Ring Emma

But if we select the "Gilded Smoky Quartz" option, the breadcrumb become :  Home, Home Decoration, Clocks, Fashion & Jewellery, Ring Emma Gilded Smoky Quartz

Do you have any idea why ?

Best regards

MarioP

Hi,
I've noticed similar (the same) problem. Probably I managed to determine when the problem appears, so please check if you can confirm what I describe below. I hope my explanation of this problem is sufficiently clear.
So the issue starts to show up when:
1. We choose some product with assigned at least two child products (generic child variant)
2. If we have some related products we choose one of them or we choose some other product from our shop.
3. We go back by click on back button (history button) in your browser
4. We choose one of the child products and afterwards another one.
Consequence: please look at the joomla breadcrumbs, is everything ok? In my case the breadcrumbs seem to be double and the child product has different url (path) as it should. The path consists VM category of product which we have seen before choosing the childs

Milbo

I had that once and it was a misconfiguration of the joomla menues.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

MarioP

What kind of misconfiguration you mean? My menu seems to be proper, it hasn't caused any problems so far..Could you (or someone else) just please try to check that I was described above? If it's only my issue I'll search further...Thanks

Milbo

It was a menu which was displayed correctly, but had a loop in itself somehow. I just reordered it in joomla. It looked after that almost the same, but the error was gone.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

greaves

Even by deleting the menu and recreating it I still have the problem.

greaves

In fact the problem does not come from the breadcrumbs but from the URL itself. I suppose the breadcrumbs just follow the URL patern.

Nobody knows why my child product URL are wrong ? :/

Milbo

post your link, one time with SEF on, the other without.

greaves

Hi,

this link is with SEF on : tw.mixew.com/index.php/en/fashion-jewellery/ring-emma-detail

If I turn off sef, breadcrumbs are well displayed.

Do you know how to fix SEF ?

UPDATE :

In fact with SEF turned on and VM SEO turned OFF the problem is no more.

So If you know why VM SEO can cause this isssue please tell me !

Thx a lot Milbo

greaves

The problem seems to come from the child product itself, every child product return the same category ID which is wring that's why the breadcrumbs are messed up

MarioP

Regarding to SEF option I've noticed that there's a problem with breadcrumb caused by related products.
For example: we choose the following related product: speaker pole
And then:
SEF ON:
URL: /en/product-catalogue-en/accessories/stands/speaker-pole
Breadcrumb: You are here: Product Catalogue>Accessories>Stands>Speaker pole

SEF OFF:
URL: /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=350&virtuemart_category_id=57&Itemid=351&lang=en
Breadcrumb: You are here: Product Catalogue>Active systems>Product catalogue>Accessories>Stands>Speaker pole

Maybe that will be a clue to solve the mystery :)