VM2 get bad total & currency in PayPal

Started by EAltea, July 30, 2013, 18:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sadrem

QuoteWhy the agression, what we did to you?

???
p.s. Do not forget to change message icon to Solved.

lindapowers

Quote from: EAltea on August 02, 2013, 15:42:24 PM
Sorry, I don't think to pay for something that must to be free in VM.
I prefer to change the sistem to prestashop, magento or other which don't see to make extra money for basicaly function.
Sadrem ,this is not for you, is for VM guru, hero, extra hero and supervm-s heroes.
Thank, anyway.

You don't need to be a guru, or hero, you just need a brain. Need something specific, hire a programmer, you dont wan't to pay a single euro? good luck building websites then.

Cause yes everything should be free in this world and people should work for free with the only motivation of helping people like you which just ask, demand and complain.

GL

EAltea

Hi for all,
maybe it's imposible for me to explain exactly what I need and this create a misunderstanding. Sorry, my english is not perfect but I intent to explain again in a diferent form:
Some members which contest me in this post named my questions "agression". So, I intent to explain again my problem:
I have a Joomla 2.5 site, VM2 shop and PayPal Express for method of payment (Without account in PayPal and the cards accepted for each country and currency).
My shop is multilanguage, so:
One language can not limited a buyers in territory. So, the payment method can't be separate for language.
My shop is multicurrency, so:
- From USA it's easy to pay in dollars, from Germany in Euro, from Australia in Australian dollar. But one USA citizen can be in some moment from his life in Europe or Australia. His card is configured for payments in his bank currency.

- My idea is: if one buyer have his card in €, this buyer must to have the posibility to pay in may shop in €. The same for 19 currency which is disponible in PayPal.
- I think that nobody ask in his bank to change or get more currency in his card.

The question is that I receive mesage from some members of this forum and is posible to get this function if I pay from 70$ to 500$. Why? This function of PayPal plugin is a business for some people?
Finaly, Milbo, I don't understand why you name my questions "agression"? The agression is when a VM user must to pay 70$-500$ for change exactly 3 "codes".
I supose that is a "business" for somebody because, in 12 hours I find the solution and I have this function working now. And I haven't any speciality in programation. If I can do this, any "hero" from this forum can do the same, maybe in 2 minute.
One think is to sell extended plugins and another think is the practice which I find here.

Jörgen

Hi EAltea

Great that You have found a solution, why don´t You share this with the rest of the community ?

It seems like You want help for free, but not prepared to give anything back  :(

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Milbo

Quote from: EAltea on August 06, 2013, 21:26:48 PM
- I think that nobody ask in his bank to change or get more currency in his card.

As I already explained. I think you do not really understand paypal. This is not necessary and just creating confusion.

Finaly, Milbo, I don't understand why you name my questions "agression"?

LOL. Maybe you do not understand what is meant with feeling responsible for something. We feel responsible for the project. So if you say "that must to be free in VM", you attack any developer who feel responsible for it. If you start to add things like " to change the sistem", then you even enforcing the rant with a threat. Lol and you wonder that almost anyone feels that you are agressive.

The agression is when a VM user must to pay 70$-500$ for change exactly 3 "codes".
I supose that is a "business" for somebody because, in 12 hours I find the solution and I have this function working now. And I haven't any speciality in programation. If I can do this, any "hero" from this forum can do the same, maybe in 2 minute.

No, exactly not in 2 minutes. I took already the community more than 30 minutes just to answer you. But 200 euro would have been the price for the whole community. Added to the core. So you had to hack the core and for every update you have to add it again.

and I am sorry, if you think you are not more worth than 200€/12 = 16.67 € per hour, then it is your attitude. of course if you do not have the money.... it is opensource change it. But for most people it is cheaper to pay 200 euro, to spare the 12 hours and to use the 12 hours for your real work.

Btw that you do not share your solution shows that you are really not community person and therefore the community wont help you anylonger. Community means to share. We shared VirtueMart with you and what did you share with us?
Ranting and Threatening. Oha. and be aware this will stay for a very long time here, even in years people will be able to read your attitude.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

BTW, EAltea.

Our paypal plugin has a built in solution for that. But you use a plugin bought from another 3rd party. Why you did not the first logical thing and ask him, why you asked us?

Compared to the car industry, that is like being angry that your mercedes has no mp3 player in it, but you are using not the orginal mercedes stereo and then going to Mercedes, telling them their car is shit, because the radio you bought from another company is not doing what you want lol.

Can it be true? Unbelievable, really.

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

EAltea

The PayPal plugin from VM is not a VM plugins? It's 3th party? The copyright is signed "Alatak" so I think is correct if I send my changes of code to him and if Alatak want she want published.
If is not VM plugins, receive my apologize, specialy for Milbo who don't want to understand that in a international shop the buyer must can to pay his orders in his card currency. For this reason PayPal and another payment sistems added more than one currency.
Anyway, If I use VM in my shop, i think that is normal to find solution in VM.
After this discutions, I don't agree the position of some members and for me, Joomla+Vm is #1.
Regards

Milbo

I am not sure if I understood you, but you wrote
"PayPal Express (€ principal, $)"

Maybe alatak added the paypal express already to the core, but I am not aware of it. The paypal in vm has an option for the currency.