News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Template Issue (I think)

Started by spattergull, December 11, 2015, 05:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spattergull

Joomla 2.5.24;  VM 3.0.12

I have inherited a site with what appears to be a totally non-standard (and pretty bad) template.  It is driving me crazy trying to figure out where  to find things.

Right now I just need to change the site name and description, but I can't find the template parameters.  The ones showing in the template manager are blank, but the data is somewhere!

By the way, the template was the problem with the "add to cart/notify" issue.  I eventually found it, but it took forever.

Thanks in advance for your help.

GJC Web Design

Honestly, re-read your question.. do u really think anyone could help u with the info you have given?  come on....

no live url, no screen shots etc.. put some effort in....
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

spattergull

I thought it was clear.  I need to find where the site name/site description are stored.  No other information is pertinent.

Your snarky attitude does not give me much confidence in your ability to help.

Jörgen

This is a trivial Joomla issue, not really i VM issue.

Change on url: administrator/index.php?option=com_config

Name of website

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

spattergull

I don't understand. 

Everywhere I look in the Joomla Configuration, the VM Configuration and the Template, the fields are blank.  I'm assuming that this terrible template has hidden its parameters.  Where do I find them?

Thanks for your help.

Jörgen

You said that You have given us all the pertinent information.
I gave You the answer, based on the information given by You.

Time to start sharing some more information. My chrystall ball is low on batteries right now.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

spattergull

Sorry for being so vague.  As I said in the subject, I wasn't really sure what the problem was.  Turns out I was wrong about the root cause, and in discovering that I discovered the problem was simply my understanding of the template itself.  Problem is fixed.

Thanks so much for your help.

Jörgen

If You have a real solution to this issue please tell us your solution

Otherwise I will delete this thread, because it has no real value to the forum members.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x