News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Why Virtuemart does not have import export?

Started by barboss, December 06, 2013, 23:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barboss

Hi there.
Why Virtuemart does not have good import/export functions?
Maybe some people thinks that it is more easy and comfortable to migrate from one version to another by exporting and importing data by xls files.
Why developers compel webmasters to use they official methods to migrate from 1.9.1 to 2.0?

I tryed Hikashop, and they have very good import and export functions on board. Why VM did not make it like they?

jenkinhill

VirtueMart users for the last few years have used CSVImproved and now CSVI for import/export. It has been developed alongside VM, having started as part of VM1.0,  is exceptionally powerful & flexible, and I have always found it to be extremely reliable. No point in bloating the VM core by including it there. http://www.csvimproved.com/
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

barboss

I tryed CSVI Free, and I think this is useless component. I can manualy backuped my database fields without it.
I do not seen images backup for product or categories. I don't understand why somebody use this component.