News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

UPS Tracking #'s

Started by stevendunston, February 22, 2006, 23:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aravot

Quote from: iphonethesolution.com on January 12, 2008, 21:58:06 PM
Its great to work together to make things happen but please help us.   When a mod is finished, there should be a final zip file with an instruction guide.  You do all this work and an extra 10 minutes in notepad , just to explain how to install things wouldnt be to hard, now would it ?

What are you talking about? By taking an extra 5 minute to read you would have found out that the code is zip-ed and includes installation instruction guide.

RolandD

2All
The footer problem should be solved in the zip that is available from my website (www.csvimproved.com). Get the 1.0.1 version. I had this fixed a while ago but completely forgot about it :)
Regards,

RolandD

CSVI
http://www.csvimproved.com/

ddc441

Does this hack still work with 1.0.14? I had it installed on 1.0.13a. I had forgotten about it until I upgraded! :o But the shipping people sure let me know about it in a hurry!

RolandD

hello ddc441,

I have not yet had time to check it against 1.0.14. I am inclined to say though that it should pretty much work as 1.0.14 is a security release not a feature release.

Will check it later.
Regards,

RolandD

CSVI

ddc441

Thanks... just for kicks I uploaded your modified files to a VM 1.0.4 install. The list_order page did pull up the tracking numbers aleady stored in the DB from the 1.3 install, but I got a "security token" error when trying to save a new tracking number. I wonder if that could be caused by the fact that I'm working on the development server with a copy of the site instead of the live site. ???

Also the frontend tracking seems to work fine as well.

HTH

ddc441

I found the answer on some other posts in the forum. I guess the security token function in the upgrade has been a problem for a lot of hacks.

I added copied a line of code from the new order.order_list/php file to the your hacked 1.0.1 file:

Add before:
<input type="hidden" name="changed" value="0" />
<input type="hidden" name="track_num" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="option" value="com_virtuemart" />
<input type="hidden" name="order_id" value="'. $db->f("order_id") .'" />
<input type="hidden" name="current_order_status" value="'. $db->f("order_status").'" />
</form>';

This:
<input type="hidden" name="vmtoken" value="'. vmSpoofValue($sess->getSessionId()) .'" />

asianknight7664

I have installed this mod for VM 1.0.15 and tested it.  It sent the e-mail with the tracking number and two links.  The link that lead to the UPS status check on the site stated there was an error communication with UPS' server.  The other link did not work at all.  Furthermore, both times the page I landed from the links didn't completely finish downloading. 

I attached a screen shot to better explain what I'm trying to say.

I remember reading somewhere suggesting to edit hacked files for versions other than 1.0.13a;  unfortunately, I'm still new with PHP.  Is there a new release for version 1.0.15?

Thanks.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Joomla 1.5.10 stable
Virtumart 1.1.3 stable

MCSE_Crossover

I have tested this with version 1.0.15 of Virtuemart, and after a slight modification, I was able to get it working. Initially I was getting a "Security Token" error.

In the order.order_list.php file, it was necessary to change this:

// NOTE: RolandD UPS Tracking
   $form_code .= '<input type="hidden" class="inputbox" name="notify_customer" value="N" />
      <input type="hidden" name="page" value="order.order_list" />
      <input type="hidden" name="func" value="orderStatusSet" />
      <input type="hidden" name="current_order_status" value="'. $db->f("order_status").'" />
      </form>';

And add this line:

// NOTE: RolandD UPS Tracking
   $form_code .= '<input type="hidden" class="inputbox" name="notify_customer" value="N" />
      <input type="hidden" name="page" value="order.order_list" />
      <input type="hidden" name="func" value="orderStatusSet" />
      <input type="hidden" name="vmtoken" value="'. vmSpoofValue($sess->getSessionId()) .'" />
      </form>';

Please note the bolded line. That resolved any errors I was having...

Also, for the previous post by ASIANKNIGHT - make sure that you have configured the "account.up_tracking.php" file to contain your personnal UserID, Password, and XML Access Key.

For testing you will also need to make sure that you change the UPS test server is the one you are sending requests to. You can obtain test UPS tracking numbers from the UPS XML developer's guide available on the UPS website.

Hope that helps!

RolandD

Thanks MCSE_Crossover for checking this out. I had not yet found the time to check it. I will make the necessary change and put a complete download up if that is OK with you.
Regards,

RolandD

CSVI

MCSE_Crossover

No problem! Glad I could help. Attached is a zip file with the updated information. Do with it as you will...

Question for you...would it be hard to modify this so that you could make it so it tracked by reference number instead of UPS tracking number?

I have a customer that adds the customers order number as the UPS reference number in the WorldShip  system. Is there a way to make this mod so that the "track" button shown will automatically populate itself with the order number as the UPS reference number and then track it that way?

I know the UPS XML developers guide states that you can send the POST with either specified.

They aren't wanting to have to log into the backend, input the tracking number, and then hit "update" for every order that they get. This type of solution would just make it so the whole process was a bit more automated...

it would seem that it would just be a matter of making the $tracknum variable populate with an "order_id" query instead of a "track_num" query...what do you think?

Just wondering out of curiosity. They were pretty impressed by this mod implementation so far...thanks for taking the time to develop this solution. This is something that definately should be implemented as the standard in future versions of Virtuemart.

::zip file attached::

[attachment cleanup by admin]

asianknight7664

MCSE, thank you for the reply.  I did check to make sure that I have entered the correct information for the account tracking php file.  However, I forgot to send the request to the test server.  I shall give it another try as soon as I can.

Once again, thanks.  ;D
Joomla 1.5.10 stable
Virtumart 1.1.3 stable

RolandD

@MCSE_Crossover

QuoteIs there a way to make this mod so that the "track" button shown will automatically populate itself with the order number as the UPS reference number and then track it that way?
This is a feature that would be very nice to have. Is it really possible to track an order using the VM order number instead of the UPS tracking number?

Quoteit would seem that it would just be a matter of making the $tracknum variable populate with an "order_id" query instead of a "track_num" query...what do you think?
It is just a matter of passing the right number. This is no real magic ;)

QuoteThey aren't wanting to have to log into the backend, input the tracking number, and then hit "update" for every order that they get. This type of solution would just make it so the whole process was a bit more automated...
In response also to the first quote, they put the UPS or the VM order number in as tracking number?
Regards,

RolandD

CSVI

tunilove

Hi  thanks fr this great  contrib .....
well all ok to me  no error   only this message when i click on Track in client account maintenance

250003: Invalid Access License number

any help  thx

oldsteel68

I downloaded the 1.1 version from your site and installed it on VM 1.1 but get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method ps_order_status::getOrderStatus() in /home/supreme6/public_html/supreme2/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/order.order_list.php on line 222

Any help please?

seikocan

Has anyone tried this hack on joomla 1.5.14 and vm 1.1.3?