PayPal IPN Transaction on your site: Possible fraud

Started by jaderotheram, September 17, 2013, 13:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaderotheram

Up until a couple days ago my VM Paypal Plugin was working fine, but all of a sudden, every single order is coming through with this error...

Error code 506. Possible fraud. Error with REMOTE IP ADDRESS = 66.211.170.66.
                        The remote address of the script posting to this notify script does not match a valid PayPal ip address

These are the valid IP Addresses: 23.43.178.234,173.0.81.33,173.0.81.1The Order ID received was: 50c70717

This is resulting in orders staying in the state "Pending" and no Confirmed Order email being sent to me or the customer. This is a big problem as we have a lot of orders a day and we use Linnworks (which only brings through "confirmed" orders) therefore I have to go back to paypal, check they have paid and manually set each one to confirmed.

Version of virtuemart I am using is 2.0.20a and the version of the Plugin I am using is 2.0.18

Any ideas? This is quite a big problem and needs resolving ASAP

alatak

Hello

You should update the AOI also, to have the latest version of the plugin.

This issue has been fixed in 2.0.20a

jaderotheram

Hi alatak,

I was a bit worried about updating AIO in case it messes up my website? I dont have a non live version to test on.

Will I be okay tp update AIO safely?

alatak

Hello

You should be more worried updating the core, than updating the AIO. ;)
If you do not feel safe, then it is better to check first on a non live site.

jaderotheram

alatak,

can i update AIO without updating the core (updating the core really worries me)

I don't have a non-live version to test it on

Thanks

jenkinhill

You must make regular backups of your site, surely! Most people use Akeeba backup for this, as it also enables you to install a copy of your site in localhost, or as I do, on a subdirectory on the server. Then you can test all updates on a copy of the site to check for issues before applying the update to the live site.

And since your VM version predates the recent security updates then you may need to consider moving forwards. http://virtuemart.net/news/list-all-news/446-important-security-release-vm-team-at-joomladay-germany
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum