News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Ask A Question Error

Started by lonokane, May 12, 2012, 17:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonokane

VM 2.0.7 with J 2.5.4. If a customer clicks on ask a question about this product and fills out the form, they receive the following error when submitting it. All fields are correct.
Some Fields are invalid, please verify your inputs

website is www.shopyellowboutique.com

lonokane

Looks like it's an error if I have less than 75 characters. I have the configuration set to allow a minimum of 10.

freshqa

Same error, if i set 20 or 10 symbol minimum question length - it changes the value in text, but when i try to send less then 75 symbols question it fails, and says that some field is incorrect

John2400

lonokane,

Hi I tested your site - I could not send with less that 20 words but You can see I could with less that 75 ?

Is that really a big issue? I think you should set this high. If they ask a good question it will prompt them to write more?

freshqa

Better tell why we cant reduce the minum symbol required ? i tried changing it in config and in code, doesnt work... Maybe someone from developers can check if there is some error that us noobs cant fix ?
vm 2.0.6

Milbo

thx, found the error, fixed.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

freshqa

can you tell us where to fix or we have to update 2.0.6 to latest ?

Milbo

The value is just wrong, it should be asks_minimum_comment_length but it asks for vm_asks_minimum_comment_length
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

freshqa

Thanks alot for quick reply!!!

linkg

Quote from: Milbo on June 12, 2012, 11:04:04 AM
The value is just wrong, it should be asks_minimum_comment_length but it asks for vm_asks_minimum_comment_length

Where exactly did you go to find and correct this? Thanks

cmp

public_html/components/com_virtuemart/controllers/productdetails.php
Line 62 and 63, you can also change the min characters there as it doesn't seem to reflect the settings made in Admin.