News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Search products by month (VM3)

Started by OriyanJ, December 23, 2015, 09:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OriyanJ

Version: 3.0.11.4

What I'm trying to achieve is giving customer the option to search product by their availability month. Reason for that is because I'm managing tours as products and would like people to search tours by date.
I've tried using Custom Filters by Break Design but I had to use custom-field-filter for that, which made things messy and not as I need.

All I want is to display list of months by year and let clients pick a month to display relevant products. Is that achievable?
VirtueMart 3.2.2

balai

Hi

Why is it messy with Custom Filters?

In your case i would create a custom field with a list of all the months and just assign a month at each product.
Then will use Custom Filters to filter the products based on the month

OriyanJ

Well, balai, that's exactly what I did.
But that means I have to create 2 custom fields with each product for 2 parameters which I can easily reach from the product object.
The second issue I'm having is that the VM Custom Filters have a "search" button that have to be pressed each search. I just can't find out how to make the filter module live without having to press "Search" for each month. I want to click "July" and get to the results immediately.
I'm recycling products, which means I'll have to clear the year property each year.

I thought that maybe there could be a way to have a product view menu by dates.
VirtueMart 3.2.2