News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Music Download Site

Started by Jay036, November 28, 2008, 00:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay036

Hi everyone,

We have just completed a new store for a musician called CoLD SToRAGE (he is responsible for the original score on the first Wipeout on the PS1 amongst other things!)

This is a microsite that caters for just online sales of music and other merchandise and is separate from the artists main site.

I wondered if people would take a look and give me some feedback on what they think? We are going to be going live with it in the next few days.

The store site is here:
http://www.icecubes.org.uk/store

And the main site for the musician Tim Wright is here:
http://www.coldstorage.org.uk

Cheers - Jay

brendonhatcher

Hi

Haven't been to the site.  One issue that may affect you if you use automated downloads that rely on the payment gateway provider (PGP) sending back confirmation of payment.

Many of the PGPs have implemented fraud detection methods.  These methods come into play only when they are triggered.
They are seldom included in the "demo" system, or in the sandbox testing scenario.

Many of these fraud detection processes bring the payment to a complete standstill until the customer provides the necessary proof that the card is theirs (or whatever other method the PGP uses).

This means that the pass back of payment confirmation to the site never happens, which means the download link in never offered to the customer.

In these situations, alternative methods of providing the link to customers is required.

Regards
Brendon

greenarrow

Quote from: brendonhatcher on November 28, 2008, 05:07:18 AM
Hi
Haven't been to the site.  One issue that may affect you if you use automated downloads that rely on the payment gateway provider (PGP) sending back confirmation of payment.
Many of the PGPs have implemented fraud detection methods.  These methods come into play only when they are triggered.
They are seldom included in the "demo" system, or in the sandbox testing scenario.
Many of these fraud detection processes bring the payment to a complete standstill until the customer provides the necessary proof that the card is theirs (or whatever other method the PGP uses).
This means that the pass back of payment confirmation to the site never happens, which means the download link in never offered to the customer.
In these situations, alternative methods of providing the link to customers is required.
Regards
Brendon

Hi Need some Help hope you are usnig downloadable products method in VM.

I'm Also running a online photo selling site. how did you store downloadable files in separate folders

Shawn Armstrong

Great site. How did you get the individual tracks listed for the Add to Cart?

jayskibob

Hey Jay036

I'm currently setting up an MP3 shop for an independent record company and was wondering how you managed to achieve the MP3 play buttons on your site? I noticed that when you click play on a second track the forst one stops.

This is what i need - any chance you can give or sell me the code?

Jay

mercomarine

The site looks nice, works great! One thing I noticed about the "feel" is that it doesn't seem like a traditional "home" page... It felt like I was looking at a sub page like a "secondary" or "more info" page.

I left you a comment. Please leave one for me for www.mercoboatdocks.com. A lot of people are telling me its not easy to navigate, any ideas?
Joomla Version 1.5.23
VirtueMart 1.1.9 stable
Apache: 1.3.42
MySQL 5.0.91
PHP: 5.2.5
phpMyAdmin 3.3.10.2