News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

ADD/EDIT shipping address fix

Started by letsneck, July 08, 2012, 08:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

letsneck

I am running Virtuemart 2.0.8 with Joomla 1.5.25 and I need to remove the option to add/edit shipping address in two places. The standard location just to the right of the BILL TO: on the checkout page, and also when Add/Edit Billing address information, there is another place to add/edit the shipping information. We use Paypal exclusively for all transactions, and Paypal gives the option once the customer is redirected to the Paypal login.

Please will you help me to fix the code and explain all steps and how to locate the file that needs the updated code? Thank you

John2400

letsneck

Thank you, This fixed most of the problem, the bill address and ship to address edits are gone, but I believe it is the "add/ edit ship to" that was visible when the "Bill to address edit" was clicked that remains. It is located on the left side where the Bill to edit was, so I am guessing that it is not the one that was situated on the right side.

Please help me to resolve this to completion, as the last two parts of the solution did not work for me. Thank you

John2400

This is just the words ? You can edit these in the language folder- language file - I did see some one just // edit out the whole line ?
Is this what you you are asking about?

letsneck

Here is what I have left...

I believe it is left over from the bottom part of the Add/Edit billing address information as shown below. The picture below is the dialog box that came up when a user would click on the Add /edit billing address button on the check out screen. Once I deleted the code from Renata's part of the fix, all that is left is shown in the first picture above.

John2400

Try >> language folder>> en-GB>>en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini>>line about 554. That is the english folder. Unless you are using another language.