News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

UPS Plugin 1.0.6 issue

Started by joshuab, June 22, 2012, 20:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshuab

Hi,
   I'm using Joomla! 2.5.6 with Virtuemart 2.0.6 and we have been having a problem with our UPS plugin 1.0.6 under charging the shipping by usually $3-5, the shipping guys seem to think it may be using business rates instead of residential rates.

But as far as I can tell there is no option to choose which rates are used when calculating the shipment fees.  . .

Could this be the reason are shipping rates are off?, or is there something else I may be missing?

Please advise asap, this $3-5 dollar error is adding up fast. . .

vdoph

Hi joshuab,

Per your comment, I just tested the shipping rated against the ones I received when logged into my account at UPS.com, and I received EXACTLY the same price as expected.

Please note the shipping origination address is the address you've setup in your Virtuemart shop configuration, and may be where any discrepancies lie.

And, the shipping is based on the weight and dimensions of the product configuration as well, please check here too.

Also, feel free to post again if you have additional questions, or issues are continuing for you.

Thanks,

Glenn
Thanks,

Glenn Geller
VDO-Ph International

alatak

Hello,

I probably found the problem.
UPS charges residential deliveries more than commercial ones for some services.
I have added a parameter in the configuration "Destination type" which allows you to choose between residential rates, commercial rates, or "auto":

The auto parameter will automatically ask for residential rates or commercial depending on the delivery address (ie: if the company field is filled or not).

Download the version 1.7 and tell me if it solved your problem.

joshuab

Version 1.7 of the UPS shipping plugin fixed our shipping issue perfectly. . . they say the shipping rates are correct to the cent now!

Thank you again for your help with this!