News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Custom price for shopper group based on baseprice

Started by sandomatyas, March 04, 2016, 10:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandomatyas

I need some help to do this:
I want to create a wholesale user group who gets discounted product price which is based on the base price of the product.
If the product price is under $100 the user group gets 15% discount of the product price. If the product price is between $100 and $200, the discount is 10%. Above $200 the discount is 5%. (The shop uses higher profit margin with cheaper products to cover their free shipping policy).
The discount is not related to the quantity or coupon or any others just the user group and the original price of the product.
I can do some php as well if I should create a plugin to do that.

Could you help me please?

Studio 42

Use Virtuemart shopper group and not user groups and all work as you need

sandomatyas

Of course shopper group, I just missed the words.
But I haven't seen any settings with standard calculation rules like this. Of course I could add the specific prices to every single product tut there are over 1000 products and counting so I need some fixed solution based on the prices and percentages

Studio 42

Hi,
Check for paid plugin or find a developer. You need to use a plugin, if you don't want set it manually.

Regards,
Patrick

sandomatyas

That was the question :) If it isn't a default function how can I do that via plugin. I should be the developer if I could find where should I develop it.
I checked the VM product plugin here, which should have a modifyPrice( $product, $field,$param,$selected ) function but it isn't triggered anywhere in the new VM. The VM plugin tutorial page gives nothing about that.
Should I write a calculation plugin? It shouldn't be a rule which users can set, this is a fixed calculation why modifyPrice seemed promissing

Studio 42