News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Need help with unique Virtuemart product configuration...

Started by digitalrain, May 06, 2012, 01:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalrain

I have a client starting a lost and found service where customers can purchase id tags / labels with a unique identifier so that when someone finds a lost item with one of these tags, they call the 800# and my client handles all of the shipping arrangements, etc... to get the item back to its owner.

Each label / tag is good for 2 "findings" or 1 year, whichever comes first.

Tags are sold in sets of 2 and labels in sets of 6.

Three questions:

a. How can I accomplish the following: I would like to set it up so that when a customer orders, the items get an automatically generated unique ID each. For example, if a customer orders 2 sets of tags (4 tags total) and 1 set of labels, the tags get listed in their account order history with the following unique IDs:

T-[customer id number]-1

T-[customer id number]-2

T-[customer id number]-3

T-[customer id number]-4

and the labels get listed like this:

L-[customer id number]-1

L-[customer id number]-2

L-[customer id number]-3

L-[customer id number]-4

L-[customer id number]-5

L-[customer id number]-6

b. What is the best way to set the products up so that each tag or label either expires after one year of non-use OR expires once it has been turned in twice.

c. How to enable these products to be renewable (at a discount)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,

Cynthia

jenkinhill

Sorry, but you cannot do what you plan with VirtueMart without considerable hacking, which we do not support. This sounds like a unique project which will need a lot of code writing and a special site building.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum