News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shipping per Postal Code?

Started by corymp, April 05, 2012, 16:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corymp

Anyone figure out how to set up shipping prices by postal code range?
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

corymp

VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

alatak

Hi,

Did u try the standard shipment method installed with the AIO?

MaritimeLobsterExpress

We are a Canadian shipper and  were able to use the Standard Shipping Method by inputing a range of postal codes. For example we set it up based on weight from XXX to XXX is a fixed rate. You need to spend a bit of time to set up but it works perfectly and is easy to edit as prices change.  We offer two levels or service for each range of postal codes.

corymp

Can you explain how to enter the postal code ranges? No matter what I put in, when I go to make an order, all shipping options show up.. Do you put the rage of postal codes for each shipping method for each province? if so, what format do you enter. for example, I put in A0A 0A0 as starting range and A9A 9Z9 ans ending range. (Newfoundland) and do the same for each province. But as I say, no matter what postal code is set ans the user's address, all shipping options show....
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

corymp

Maritime Lobster, Are you using VM2? from the look of your website, you are still using VM1
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

corymp

I really need this.... I hate overcharging customers for shipping, and so far overcharging is my only option!

What would it be worth to someone to develop a plugin for me to do this?
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

f-m

when user does not make account during order, VM does not handle postal code from form and shows all shipping ranges at once

someone in past had to come to conlusion, i didnt find it yet however