News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Products/Categories with no translation are not displayed.

Started by ivangodfather, October 27, 2012, 20:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivangodfather

Its possible in virtuemart to display products that dont have the translation on a specific language to show the default language? if i not set the language translation on every product (and also category) the product it is not visible in the language
In other words, i want to show all the products in all languages despite the product has no translation in the current language (and also the categories), cause if i create a product and i not set the translation on 'german' for example, in the german version of the shop this product doesnt exists and i want to exist in the default language (english for example) if the current language is not available.

ivangodfather

Nobody has an answer? I set up correctly the multilanguage of joomla, and also i dont know if this is the normal behaviour (when a product isnt traslated in a language it doesnt diplayed on that language).  :'(

jjk

Virtuemart does store the english product description in the ...virtuemart_products_en_gb database table and i.e. the german description in the ...virtuemart_products_de_de database table. If you leave one of them empty, there is nothing to display of course, because - assuming you are using Joomla 2.5.x - the Joomla language switcher points to an empty database field. However, I think (but I'm not shure at the moment) at least the Product SKU and the Product name are always generated for all existing VM2 language tables.

But generally, I think from the SEO point of view, it is a bad idea to put i.e. english languge descriptions into german language tables. I suppose Google doesn't like a "de" language tag in the url when the content actually is english, apart from the point that many of your customers won't like it either, if they frequently end up at a product description that they can't read.

However, of course you can copy your english product description into the german product description if you don't want to spend the time to translate it...
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

ivangodfather

Thx! I dont find the button to mark the thread as solved.