News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

What can I remove after migrating VM 1.x to 2.x

Started by ankan, September 03, 2013, 22:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ankan

I have migrated from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5 and VM 1.x to 2.x.

I followed this guied: https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102783.0 and everything works great.

But what can I remove after the migration? I now have two databases and I guessI can remove the older one. But can I remove any tables tables in the newer database?
There is both xauj_vm_.... tables and jos_vm_... tables in the database. And I think jos_vm_... was the old extension to all my tables.

There is even xauj_vm_.. tables and xauj_virtuemart_... tables. Does both types uses or can I remove any of them?

Maybe it's easiest to have a list of tables I should have and then I can remove the rest after checking up other components and moduls?
Where can I find this kind of list?

jenkinhill

jos-vm will be old.  Current version database will be xxx_virtuemart_  so all vm tables can be removed. Of course, back up the db first.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum