News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Products have no price or add to cart

Started by Gipa, December 29, 2012, 21:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gipa

Hi

I just installed VM 2.0.16 on Joomla 2.5.8.
(How great is VM?! When looking around the setup, I found about a million great little features and settings that I was hoping to find.    :D  )

There is one problem, though... When I look at a product, it doesn't show the price, and there is no "Add to cart"...
http://promaling.com/index.php/forside-shop/faxe-traepleje/faxe-bordplade2012-12-29-16-44-17_/faxe-bordplade-olie-hvid-detaljer

- The shop is NOT set to only be a catalogue.
- I created the product visible to all shopper groups (default and anonymous).
- Shopper groups for the shop is both default and anonymous.
- Configuration -> Pricing is set to show prices, and I checked off ALL prices on the list.
- I am using default templates.
- One of my menus has a link to VM.

What else can I be missing?
I am a newbie, but I feel I have been through everything 17 times with no luck...

The product packaging isn't showing either, as I would like it to - but maybe it is not meant to?

I hope you can help.     :)

:)     Rie

jenkinhill

- I created the product visible to all shopper groups (default and anonymous).   - try leaving at  Select some options.

- Shopper groups for the shop is both default and anonymous.    - I don't know what you mean by this as that is default.

Do not select "Enable shoppergroup specific price display" for each shopper group if you have done
Also for the "Product pricing" fields on the product edit page leave the shopper group box set to Please select.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Gipa

Hi

Thanks for your fast reply.     :)

- I created the product visible to all shopper groups (default and anonymous).   - try leaving at  Select some options.
I tried that now - no luck.

- Shopper groups for the shop is both default and anonymous.    - I don't know what you mean by this as that is default.
There is a place where you can choose this. It might be default, but anyway they are both chosen - so the problem shouldn't be lying here...

Do not select "Enable shoppergroup specific price display" for each shopper group if you have done
It is not selected.

Also for the "Product pricing" fields on the product edit page leave the shopper group box set to Please select.
Isn't this the same as your first sentence? Anyway I tried this to. Still no luck...      :(
Or do you mean something else? Please let me know where to click to get to this part...? (As I said, I'm a newbie...     ;)  )

Any other ideas...?     :)

:)      Rie

jenkinhill

VirtueMart works out of the box without any need at all to touch shopper groups or select them anywhere.  Just another thought, on the product price editor there are two date fields under the shopper group select field. These should show -Never- unless you are using date specific pricing. The first box is the start date and the second is the end date for a price to be shown. If you put an end date in then the price & add to cart stop showing on that date. If you have set this then just click on the little red X beside the entrybox to reset the date to never.

If not that, can you try a fresh J/VM install on a subdirectory of the same server, adding the default products to see if that works for you?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Gipa

That wasn't it either...

But I made a clean install now, with demodata. And that works, so I migrated my data to that site instead and everything seems to be working.

Thanks so much!!      :D

:)     Rie

Evelina1

I have the same problem. Migrating to VM 2.0.16d and J 2.5.6 - not displayed price and add to cart button. After opening the product, and then save without any changes, everything appears. Again save all the product is really a problem.

michellezum

I had this problem too. Turns out after the migration, all my products were marked "Wholesale". Not in the Shopper Group section, but below that in the Product Pricing section. I had to just empty that box--change it back to "Please Select", then save. Then my prices and add to cart button appeared.

Michelle