News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

help needed with shopping cart

Started by suzey, November 24, 2012, 17:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzey

Hi,

I got a 4 cps of product in stock. When I try to buy 10 cps it says that there are only 4 products in the store, and it adds 4 cps to the shopping cart. Then when I again set 10 cps and click on the "add to cart" it says again that there are only four cps and adds them again, so in the shopping cart I have now two times 4 x product and I can do that all day long, though there were only 4 copies in stock...

Another thing is that the only way to remove product from the shopping cart is to set the quantity to zero. 'Remove from the cart' doesn't work.

Anyone have an idea how to correct these?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

suzey

Right, sorry, here are the versions:
PHP Version - 5.2.16
Joomla! Version - Joomla! 2.5.8 Stable [ Ember ]
Joomla! Platform Version - Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ]
Virtuemart version - 2.0.14

jenkinhill

Not sure about this, but AFAIK the stock level is not updated until the confirm button is hit. (I don't need or use stock control)

Your PHP version is too old to correctly support Joomla 2.5 and VirtueMart 2 - minimum should be 5.2.4 and preferably 5.3+
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

suzey

Thanks for note about PHP, it's updated now.

Yes, you're right, but I noticed that it's only happening with product that use "vm-Custom, stockable variants' plugin. As these products are t-shirts with various sizes (and yes, they're set as a 'child' products). When I add to a cart products that are in only one variant, they do not duplicate in the cart.