What are the optimal settings for max pagespeed?

Started by Otto0815, March 08, 2013, 12:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto0815

Hi there,

since here are a lot of threads about pagespeed, i would like to ask if someone could post the optimal settings, and what extensions are used....

I've tried JotCache, wich seems to do not so much,or breaks the cart, and i've tried now JCH-Optimze, wich was also mentioned in another thread....

But my Pagespeed (taken from the "Network-Tab" in Firebug stays between 4-6 Seconds.....my Serverhoster told my that the server is fine, and my old VM1 had taken about 1 second to load the page....

So, is someone with some knowlege about this willing to help the other users?

Would be so nice....

Thx

Peter Pillen

According to the net-tab, I have a first load time of 4 seconds and the following pages take about 1,5 to 2,5 seconds. It's a difficult matter so you're surely welcome to have a look at my website (www.pillini.be) and check a few pages. But every tool available gives you different values. Firebug Yslow score is 84, pagespeed score goes from 90/100 to 95/100.

But looking at my webmasterhelp program from google I see different values

And because of that I think you should make a distinction between "loadtime" and "rendertime". Loading time being the time that is needed to download the whole page and render as the time that is needed before a visitor sees anything. And that's more important to reduce bouncerates. I did a lot of work in mid january as you can see on the graph. Mainly the following...

1. Jotcache to enable cache on everything ecxept the webshop itself
2. reduce the number of used modules on the frontend, decreasing the number of queries and dom-elements
3. combining, minifying and gzipping as much css and js files as possible. I went from 13 css files to 4 I guess
4. optimizing the htaccess file for caching
5. cleaning up unneeded html tags in content and modules
6. and finally (but most important I think) loading css and js files after rendering the page if possible. For example... the following js scripts are loaded at the bottom of the page, not in the head section. It's a simple cut and paste.

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->baseurl?>/templates/<?php echo $this->template ?>/js/moomenu.js"> </script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->baseurl?>/templates/<?php echo $this->template ?>/js/slideshow.js"> </script>

But I actually got tired looking for more improvements. It loads reasonably quick, so I'm happy.