News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Free Sample for products

Started by OliviaH, March 07, 2016, 17:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OliviaH

We have just moved to Virtuemart 3 from VM1. So new website and everything.
The one function I am not sure how to create is a 'Free Sample' button on products pages.
In our previous website it was a button that seemed to add the 'sample' product with the sender product's name as a variant or note.

So if on 'Product 1' you clicked the free sample button. this was added to the cart:

Sample
Product 1

I do not know how it was previously done, as it was built long before I worked here, and no documentation was written about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

GJC Web Design

I assume the samples are actual products with no cost related somehow to the current prod on view

to make them check out they need a price of 0.001

and a link prob via a customfield to add them to cart -- would only need the product id and the rest of the link hard coded

On here somewhere is a thread about adding a prod to cart from a simple url
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

OliviaH

Yea all we need to know is what product they want a sample of really.
The problem I see with the customfield is that the SKU of the sample would obviously have to be unique. with the old system the free samples were the same product in essence so the SKU was the same, meaning we could limit the amount ordered.

I couldn't find any thread showing how to add a set product to the cart, the java/php that adds to the cart is all too advanced for me currently to work out on my own.

Thank you for your reply, sorry mine took so long.