News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

two user fields connected

Started by Pirosoft, May 24, 2012, 17:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirosoft

Hi, i need to create two user fields connected "division" and "agent" all two are select field.
For example division values are: division 1, division 2, division 3
and agent are: agent A (connected to division 1), agent B (connected to division 1), agent C (connected to division 2), agent D (connected to division 3), agent E (connected to division 3)
if in division field is selected "division 3" in agent field i can select just "agent D" or "agent E"
this functionality is like nationality/region-state-province.

Is it possible?
thanks

Merry

Quote from: Pirosoft on May 24, 2012, 17:26:45 PM
Hi, i need to create two user fields connected "division" and "agent" all two are select field.
For example division values are: division 1, division 2, division 3
and agent are: agent A (connected to division 1), agent B (connected to division 1), agent C (connected to division 2), agent D (connected to division 3), agent E (connected to division 3)
if in division field is selected "division 3" in agent field i can select just "agent D" or "agent E"
this functionality is like nationality/region-state-province.
Is it possible? thanks

From the Admin, you can add new fields but they would not be linked, by using Shopper Fields in CONFIGURATION MENU - Shopper Fields Menu. Click the top left NEW Button and add the text you want and save. Then move it to the location you want by renumbering the REORDER Column.

Repeat for the second field.

If you want to link the two fields, you need some custom programming.

Hope that helps.
Merry

Answer is probably from my VirtueMart 2 User Manual ebook, includes FREE updates. FREE Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Quick Install Guide & 30-Minute Quick Setup Guide http://showmeguides.com/