News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VIRTUEMART versus ECJOOMCOMMERCE OSCOMMERCE - Comparison

Started by fidel, January 25, 2007, 20:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fidel

Here's something I came across and thought would be worthy of discussion. There are certainly some features Virtuemart should strive for. 

http://www.vxd-hosting.co.za/Product-Comparison.html

usasportstraining

That's very interesting.  It's always good to look at other options for ideas and as a standard to live up to or whatever.

I can say that, since I came from using osCommerce, I wouldn't want to even attempt to use any of their contributions.  It's not very modular, like Joomla/Virtuemart, and it's buggy or a little too easy create bugs between the different contribution changes. 

The development progress may be slower for Virtuemart, but it is much more solid in design.

I'd love to have a more advanced coupon system.  Also, the affiliate option would be nice some day.
All your triathlon training needs.  Triathlon Training Gear, Books, DVD  Swim, bike, run!

jdam

hmmm the logo of Joomla in that site is kind a pixelated ;D

-Jd
Web identity solutions bridge humanities and technologies for a better future!

-www.jdam.us

TomC

Quote from: usasportstraining on January 25, 2007, 21:36:05 PM

The development progress may be slower for Virtuemart, but it is much more solid in design.

I'd love to have a more advanced coupon system.  Also, the affiliate option would be nice some day.

As VirtueMart is an open-source PHP based application, I wonder if one could not simply commission creation of virtually any function one might want and, after successfully implementing it into one's VirtueMart store, offer it up for the community to benefit from.

A great resource for relatively inexpensive freelance programmers, coders, designers is http://www.scriptlance.com.

Just a suggestion.

TOM

usasportstraining

All your triathlon training needs.  Triathlon Training Gear, Books, DVD  Swim, bike, run!