News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

At a loss regarding thumbnail image size...

Started by Golden28, September 14, 2012, 15:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden28

Hi,

I am in the process of setting up my first VM2.o shop. After several hours trying I am at a complete loss as to how to re-size the thumbnail image in the product page.

I have been reading all the associated threads but nothing is working.

I have deleted all of the files in the 'resize' folder where the path for my thumbnail is pointing and it then created a new thumbnail in there with a prefix of the exact size I wanted yet it still shows the image as a tiny representation on the website.

When I firebug into the image on the site it says that it is indeed the correct thumbnail I want but why oh why is it so small?

I have set dynamic thumbnail re-sizing and altered the dimensions to what I want in the shop/config/template settings.

Hair starting to come out, any help much appreciated. It all seems so easy to configure yet it's not working at all.

jenkinhill

Thumbnails are created from the uploaded product image in the sizes configured for Thumbnail Image Width  and Thumbnail Image Height in VM Configuration/templates  - check the values there.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sickenlysweete

i have the same problem, and have changed all the settings i can find for the thumbnails and products.
anymore ideas?