News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How flexible is the shipping in VM

Started by ukfish1, August 02, 2012, 13:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukfish1

Hi

We only ship with the UK and Ireland but need to set different shipping rates within the UK and Ireland. So for example shipping/postage is free within mainland England, Wales and Scotland but we need to charge £5 per delivery to Northern Ireland, Southern Ireland, the Highlands of Scotland  and the offshore islands.

Is this going to be possible within VM?

Thanks, Paul

John2400

ukfish1,

yes you can limit shipping rates by country and state - with the small limited option you requested that is very possible and would not take much time.

You can add lots of options - With the options set maybe you would make the northern, southern and highlands set up like a country - and then state .
My suggestion is to make a folder download VM 2 with joomla and test the shipping set up. Like a paractice store - quick 15 minutes of your time might help - test  just those options. you can jsut set something like - country Ireland ( state set as southern) flat rate 5 pounds. 

I do understand that postcode or zip codes in UK are not alphanumeric - or don't run like 0000 to 10000 = 5 p-unds postage buy you will work out a simple solution quickly.

ukfish1

Hi John2400

Thanks very much for the advice. I'll give it a go and see how I get on.

Paul