News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Migration from VM1 to VM2 not working

Started by rahuln, March 11, 2013, 17:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rahuln

I was using VM1.1.4 & recently upgraded to VM2.0.18. But after upgradation when i am trying to migrate database from Tools->Tools & Migration am not getting complete list of orders & products. I have already tried 'Server settings of max execution time'=360000000 & 'Memory limit of the server'=512M but same result.

Please let me know what steps i should follow to get a complete data.

Thanks in Advance
Rahul

testa

Greetings,

first of all upgrade your Virtuemart 1 to the latest 1.1.9 from the first series.
Also your Joomla installations should be 1.5.26
Everything is done make sure to backup your side with akeeba.
Google for an addon called "Jupgrade" and download it from the companies side.
Now grab Xamp 1.7.3 and install your akeeba backup on local computer
Start Jupgrade by following the wiki guidlines of that program and migrate to the lates Virtuemart version.

Hope that helps
Cheerz

sujit

Hello there,

This is happening with me as well. Recently I have upgraded my site form VM1 to VM 2.0.18a. I have 15,000 thousand products in my earlier version which I want ot bring to new version. I m using migration tool to get all this up. I have done this lot of times but the count of products in VM2 is always less then earlier VM.  I have tried giving max execution time in thousands and millions  & 'Memory limit of the server'=512M but same result.

Also I noticed that the migration process is dead slow. If you keep checking at regular interval of an hour the count increase by few numbers only.

Is there any robust and faster way of doing this.

Thanks,
Shrikant