News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Modify default text on User registration page (language files issue)

Started by maxstjb, May 03, 2012, 04:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxstjb

Hi everyone,
I'm on Joomla 1.5.26 and VM 2.0.6.
The problem I have is that I want to change the Default text that appears on the User registration page (index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=edit). But I can't find the specific text in any of the language files (/administrator/language/fr-FR and en-GB).

For example :

• En= "When you are already registered, please login directly here"
  • Fr= "Je suis déjà enregistré"
  • En= "Fill in those fields to create an account"
  • Fr= "Informations à fournir pour la création d'un compte"

I'm also trying to find the default text for the page where an already registered user can modify his address and information. On this page there is the following :

• En= "Bill To"
  • Fr= "Informations de facturation"
I believe that this text is fed by the following "if ($this->address_type == 'BT') { echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_EDIT_BILLTO_LBL');" (but I may be wrong). And I cannot find 'COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_EDIT_BILLTO_LBL' anywhere in the language files.

Does anybody know where I could find those strings of text to modify them?

Any help would really be appreciated. I've already spent too many hours on trying to find these little pieces of information...
Thanks a lot
Max

jjk

VM2 uses the Login from Joomla. I would not recommend to start a multiligual VM2 shop with Joomla 1.5.x., because support for Joomla 1.5 x ends soon and you would need additional third party multi-language extensions for the Joomla part of the shop. However, those extensions don't work with VM2. A multilingual shop is easier to do with Joomla 2.5.4 and the lastest VM2 version.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

maxstjb

Thanks a lot for your reply! I'll see if I could work with joomla's latest version... But I'm not sure I can.
And I don't want to use a previous VM version since I want to receive an email confirmation when a user registers, with all the information he provided. (Unless you tell me that I could do this with the previous VM?)

Let's say I have to stay with Joomla 1.5 and VM 2. Considering that it uses the login from joomla. Do you think I should find the "Bill to" text and stuff in one of the language files or is it somewhere else? I've been searching in those files and I can't find it.

Thanks for your help!
Max

lady_ady

Hola sé que es algo tarde, pero si aún no lo encuentras aquí te digo donde:   ;)

components/languaje/es-Es/es-ES.com_virtuemart.ini
y simplemente lo modifique de la siguiente forma:

/*COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_EDIT_BILLTO_LBL="Editar información de facturación"*/
COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_EDIT_BILLTO_LBL="Editar facturación"

esperó no sea demasiado tarde saludos lady_ady